Family Picture

Family Picture

Thursday, April 17, 2008

SPRING BREAK!!!!






We had a wonderful spring break. We went to Utah to visit our family. We were able to do a lot of fun things. We got to my parents house on Friday night March 29th. We were greeted by not only my parents but my two sister's, Debbie and Cindy and their families. It was great to visit with everyone. It was a late night. The kids didn't get to bed until around ten and they were so wound up they didn't go to sleep until midnight.

The next day we went to Isaac's, Pete's brothers son, baptism. It was great we could be there for that special event. Then we spent the rest of the day hanging out with Pete's family. We spent the night at Pete's brother, Paul's house. We stayed up late playing games with Paul and Inger and Pete's mom. It was a lot of fun. The kids loved playing with their cousins. We woke up and went to Pete's moms for breakfast. We went to church at Pete's cousins who's son was coming home from his mission. They had a big lunch at their house and then we went back to Fruit Heights to my mom's and dad's. We had a another big meal, (by this time I was feeling very over loaded with food) and then we visited and played games with my sisters and their husbands. It was so fun!

Monday morning we woke up to about 5-6 inches of snow! I couldn't believe it! The kids were ecstatic! They always want to go to Utah to play in the snow. Their wishes were granted! Pete went back to Vancouver that morning and we stayed at my mom's and dad's for the rest of the week. We spent the week visiting, eating and playing with cousins. The kids ate popcicles while they played in the snow! They always eat popcicles at Grandma's and they insisted on eating them while they were outside in the snow. Kids! Cindy and I had a mini shower for Debbie. We went to lunch with my mom and Grandma and gave her a bunch of fun gifts for baby Summer. On Friday we took the kids to the Hogle Zoo. It was a lot of fun. Debbie and her husband Karl ended spending the day in the hospital because Debbie had gone into labor. I was praying all day that she would have that baby so I could see her before I left, but to no avail. Her doctor gave her something to stop her labor. Stinky! I was sad I didn't get to see that baby! (By the way, she had her baby today! Her name is Summer Marie and she weighed 5 lbs. 10 oz. I guess it's good she didn't have the baby two weeks ago since she is so tiny!)

Pete came back to Utah Friday night and we spent the rest of our time celebrating Shaylee's birthday we Pete's family and then mine. We headed home Sunday morning and had a good trip back. It was a great vacation and I loved seeing our family in Utah. I miss them a lot!

9 comments:

Gina said...

Looks like a fun trip. We are looking forward to out trip out there in June. In answer to your question you have to download Picasa 2 onto your computer to make the photo collage. It is free to download from google. You can put it right in your blog and type your blog text right from picasa. I can show you some time.

jrushing said...

Sounds like a fun trip! It looks like your kids got to enjoy the snow! I pretty much forgot the heavy coats and so my kids just sat at the window begging me to let them go out in the snow! We were just getting over colds so the answer was of course...No way!

Nicole Jackson said...

That's so fun that you were able to go and visit your family. And what's up with the snow? I'm sure your kids were loving it! Oh, by the way I love the new name of your blog, did you think of that or was it Pete? Cute!

Tamara said...

Cute blog! Yes, I waffled for about two months and finally decided to join all of you. It's MUCH easier for me than scrapbooking!

The Batty Bunch said...

We were so glad to see u make it into town it was great getting to visit at Issac's Baptism. Can u believe all those crazy kids it is so great to see all the little ones play.

The Batty Bunch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
great grandma phelon said...

Spring Break. Why does it always fly by so fast? It was wonderful to see all of you the weekend of March 29th and again on the weekend of April 5th. A good time was had by all. Hurry back.

Lots of Love, Grandma Phelon

Rebecca said...

looks like fun. I was totally bored that week without my friends. Missed you.

stephanie howard said...

Sound like it was wonderful! To bad it goes by so fast:-)