
Remember this picture? Yep, that's how much my baby loved to take a bath. He got in fully PJed! I used to say, "Jaron, bath time!" and he would jump for joy clapping with excitement.

Well now because of this dang thing! Yes, a little black spider that fell in the tub when he and Shay were taking a bath a couple of weeks ago...

... he will no longer get in the tub without kicking and screaming! And I mean hysterical, terrified, I'm gonna die type of screaming! He's like a little leach grabbing on to me with both arms and legs with all his might. I have to peal him off of me to put him in the tub and then he screams the whole time I'm washing him. He yells "Towel, towel, towel..." over and over again, until I get him out and wrap him in his towel and then he just snuggles with me like his been through the most traumatic thing a little guy could ever go through, you know a bath!
When the spider thing happened and he and Shay jumped out of the tub so fast screaming hysterically, I thought it was kind of funny. Just how fast they jumped out considering Jaron has never gotten out of the tub by himself before (he's not very adventurous). I thought it was just a little funny, but I never thought it would scar Jaron the way it did. I thought he would forget about it, but no. It doesn't matter what tub I put him in he goes bananas!
AHHHHHHH! I am at my wit's end!!! I do NOT know how to get him over this. It's been two weeks and it hasn't gotten any better. I feel horrible every time I give him a bath, but a two year old must bathe! Help! What do I do?
9 comments:
Hey if a spider like that was in my bath I would be screaming too!:) Have you tried giving him a shower, maybe in yours?
I'm the same way!! If I had a spider in the bath with me, there would be no end to the screaming!! Poor little guy.
The spider on the blog is not the same spider that fell in.
I say look to Pavlov, and positively condition Jaron. Give him a treat if he goes near the tub. Keep having him get comfortable with the treat, and a little closer to the tub each time. Keep rewarding him until he is in the bath. Then reward him in the tub until it is no longer something he dreads. Good luck!
boy he reminds me of brandon and kenyon and shaylee.
Sorry to laugh at your dilemma, but it is sad in a funny way. Probably because I can't hear him scream clear down here. Let me know if the "spider spray" works.
When Dallin was little for some reason (I still am not sure why) was all the sudden terrified of taking a bath. It is miserable to have to bathe them screaming. I had him take a bath with me and he could see that it wasn't so terrifying- that seemed to help him. It did take a few times of me with him to get him to take one without me. Maybe that could work for you too. Good Luck!!
Poor Jaron! My kids are terrified of spiders too! Hopefully he gets past this phase fast for both of your sakes!
My kids get popcicles when the take a bath. I started this with Griffin and it's held strong. I say "bath" and Brody runs to the freezer. Works like a charm. Just buy sugar free if your kids take baths every night!
try finding a toy spider that looks the same...you can show him that and he might like to play with that in the tub...
Post a Comment