On Saturday, we mostly just hung out and talked, the kids played and then for dinner we went to The Golden Corral. The kids love that place, but it is a little crazy for me with four kids trying to keep filling their plates by myself. As soon as I got one kid situated the next one had an empty plate and needed it filled. But, I finally did eat and had a great time.
On Sunday we went to church with my parents, and then all my siblings who live in Utah, came over for Sunday dinner. It was crazy, but fun.
On Monday it was a gorgeous day, so we headed to the zoo. We had a great time. The Hogle zoo has improved immensely over the years and my kids always love to go. They saw all the fun animals and rode the Carousel and the train.
On Tuesday we went to visit my Grandma and I had a great visit with her while my kids played with her fun toys. She has some of the best old fashioned toys and my kids love to go play there. Shaylee gave Grandma lots of hugs and kisses and Jaron even gave her a hug by the end. After Grandma's house I met up with my sister, Cindy at Michael's, my mom and little sister were meeting us a little later. I thought this would be no problem shopping with the six kids because Brandon and Kenyon could watch the younger kids. The problem with this idea was that the beads where Cindy needed to go was right by the $1 toy section. So Brandon and Kenyon were too involved looking at those toys and not watching Shaylee and Annika. Cindy and I were both intently looking for what she needed and I would look up occasionally to make sure the girls were okay. They were further down the aisle by the plastic beads and each had a bag of beads they were looking at. I didn't think they could do anything to those, so I went back to helping Cindy. Then all of the sudden I hear something hitting the ground. I look over and beads just start shooting out of Annika's bag. When she realizes what great fun it is to be showered in beads she starts dancing with the bag and the beads just go flying everywhere! My mom just happened to come around the corner right as this happens and she looked shocked. Meanwhile I am running down the aisle yelling, "Annika! Stop!" I finally get to her and grab the bag, but what a mess we had all over the floor! There were beads EVERYWHERE! I made all of the kids help me pick up the beads and the one good thing about that was it kept them busy the rest of the time we were shopping. This was not so funny at the time, but it makes me laugh every time I think about it now. We were going to do a little more shopping after that, but by the time we left Michael's we were so exhausted we just headed back to mom's. We spent the rest of the day making jewelry and gabbing.
On Wednesday we woke up to three inches of snow on the ground! Crazy! I was not very happy because I didn't bring any of my kids heavy coats. Oops! Luckily there wasn't much snow on the road, so we headed up to Park City to get in some shopping. The kids were great and we had such a great time.
On Thursday we took the kids to Boondock's and went bowling. It was so much fun. And the kids loved it. Pete came in later that night and we were happy to be reunited with him again.
On Friday we headed to Utah county and visited some friends along the way. Then we ate dinner at Brick Oven, with Pete's mom and two brothers and their families. I love the Brick Oven. Yum!!!!
On Saturday we didn't do a lot because Shaylee threw up at three in the morning and wasn't feeling good all day. We had a great breakfast like we always do at Paul and Inger's. The kids just played all day with each other. Pete, Jaron and I met my cousin and his family for lunch at Jimmy John's and we had a fun time with them. During the Priesthood session we went to Pete's mom's and colored eggs and then when the boys arrived home we played games until late.
On Sunday morning we had an Easter egg hunt at Paul and Inger's and then we went to Grandma's for Easter lunch. After lunch we headed back to my parents and had another Easter egg hunt and another big Easter dinner. There's nothing like having two Easter's in one day! We headed home the next morning.
We had a great Spring Break and I am so glad we went.
8 comments:
Looks like a fun and eventful trip! I love the picture of Pete on the pink bed!
I agree! Pete on a pink bed. He looks so defeated. LOL And the jewels! LOL!!! How funny! I would have been TICKED! But it's a fun story to tell! I'm glad you had so much fun!
Sounds like fun except the throwing up part and the beads. Pete does look mighty cute on the pink bed with the Barbie airplane underneath.
ok I am totally stealing some of those pictures because you did a much better job at taking pictures than I did. We had so much fun with you guys!
It looks like you had a fun time!!! I am glad you made it safely.
Oh too much fun! How can it all be over? I think I'll be 80 and still laugh about the fountain o'beads!
It was fun seeing you guys. Next time hopefully we can see you a little longer.
I was so happy to spend some time with you. Your family is wonderful. You do so many fun things together.
Post a Comment