On May 18th, we took the kids out of school since it was early release day and went to the beach with Grandma. We went to Astoria and climbed the Astoria column. It is the first time I have climbed it in years. I have a fear of heights and it is so hard to do things like this, but I sucked it up and did it. I had the baby in her bjorn and it was a little scary since I couldn't see my feet and those are some windy stairs! When we got up to the top the kids threw their airplanes off the tower. They sell these wooden airplanes that are biodegradable, so you can throw them and not have to worry about them. This is the first time we've done the airplane thing and the kids loved it. Shaylee was a bit scared to throw hers, but she did end up doing it.
 |
| She was so excited to be up at the top and throwing the airplane down. NOT! |
We then went to Ecola State park, which is right by Cannon Beach. It was gorgeous with great views. It is not a place you can hang out on the beach, but you can hike and look at the gorgeous views.
We then headed to Cannon Beach, so the kids could play in the sand and surf. This was Maycee first trip to the beach.
1 comment:
I have a hard time climbing that tower too!
Post a Comment