

Yep, that's right, three down and one to go! Three weeks ago today Shaylee went pee in the toilet for the first time. She had sat on it many times before, but never actually went in it. I wasn't sure what to do because until she actually went in it there was no where else to go with it. So we put on a video (Barbie as Princess and the Pauper) for her until she finally peed! There was much cheering and dancing in that bathroom! (It only took her an hour and a half!) After that she figured it out really quickly. She had her last accident exactly one week after she first went in the toilet. She has been dry day and night for two weeks now. I was actually very surprised with how easy it was.
She got a Barbie doll, which is actually Sleeping Beauty, for her potty present from mommy and daddy. Grandma and Grandpa sent her money to buy a potty present from them. She is going to buy the new Barbie movie. I think it's called Marisol, that comes out next Tuesday on Feb.26th. My birthday. As you can tell she LOVES Barbie!
It is such a relief not to have to worry about it again for another year and a half. I HATE potty training. It is so stressful and frustrating. I was bound and determined to be really positive with Shaylee while we went through the process. I think it went really well. I kept my cool and it never became the big ordeal it was with Brandon and Kenyon.
Thank Heavens it is all over with!
8 comments:
Way to go Shaylee!! I am excited to start my second experience with little Ty...but I think we still have awhile!
I am very impressed, both with you and Shaylee. Perhaps someday we will have to have you over to help us with the monumental task that is Potty Training. Of course, by now you are a pro. Jaron will probably train himself.
YEAH Shaylee!!! So do you think there is a difference between boy and girl potty training? My Breanna was so much easier than Eli. Boys seem to be more set in the lazy diaper way. I have to say though potty training is the hardest on the parents so congrats on the 3 down 1 to go.
Hip-hip hooray! Shaylee is such a big girl! I can say, I just exited the potty training world a few months ago & man is it nice to not be there any more...at least for a couple years!
Great job Shaylee! Now that she's done I need to start thinking about trainning Maddie. She just needs to be done before she starts preschool next year with her friends Shaylee and Hannah!
lucky you! My Allison has no interest in the potty. I am hoping summer will change that.
P.S. Thanks for the invite to your blog, I look forward to reading all about what is going on with your family. Your kids are getting so big, and Shaylee is so beautiful!
It's a wonderful day. Progress!!!!
Three down, one to go.
Lots of Love,
Kathy Phelon
(Mom, Grandma, Great Grandma)
Post a Comment