Family Picture

Family Picture

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Pacific City



On Memorial weekend we thought it would be fun to go to the beach with our friends the Kellis's. So, on Friday we spent the night at their house because they live about 45 minutes closer to the coast than we do. We had a yummy dinner and breakfast at their house and then headed out by nine in the morning. With eight kids to get ready, I was highly impressed that we got out the door that early. Of course it helps that Brandon and Kenyon got up at 5:45 am!! I know they are crazy! It's called EXCITEMENT!

We got to Pacific City at eleven and we immediately headed for the gigantic sand dune that is sitting on the beach. When I say gigantic, I mean like mountain big. It is huge and really steep. When we started up, I thought for sure Ralina and I would poop out carrying our two year olds and not make it up. Luckily Ralina's sister was there, too, so we could pass the little ones around when we got tired. I also didn't think that Shaylee or the boys would get all the way up, but with a lot of perservance everyone made it to the top. It was so gorgeous up there, it was worth all the pain of getting there. What an accomplishment. I was very impressed with everyone.


After climbing the dune, we had lunch and the kids played in the sand for a bit. Then we headed to Lincoln City and the outlets. I just couldn't resist since it was so close. Children's Place, here I come!!! We got lots of great deals at the outlets and then we headed home by way of Tillamook. We stopped at the Cheese factory and got cheese samples and icecream. YUM! YUM!



What a great fun filled day. We are so glad we could have one last fun trip with our friends before they move back to Utah in a few weeks. We'll miss you Kellis's!

6 comments:

Emily said...

What a beautiful spot! You are so brave to take all those kids! How fun you have friends to go with! I wish we could pull something like that off!

Sister Kaylie Victoria Crofts said...

I love the pic of you sitting with Jaron...you look beautiful!!

jjlove said...

Looks like a beautiful place to go. Don't you love the coast?

Debbie said...

Fun! Fun! fun! Don't you just love holidays!

Ralina said...

We had lots of fun. We will miss you guys too, but call us when you come to Utah.

teamZ said...

I love the coast.