Family Picture

Family Picture

Monday, April 19, 2010

What?! She's how old?

FIVE!!!! That's right, my baby girl turned five years old on April 6th. How can that be? I swear it was just yesterday that I was in the hospital with her. Time does fly especially when you are having fun and Shaylee is ALL fun! Here are some fun things about Shaylee at five.

  • Shaylee loves skirts and dresses, for a few months she was all about pants, but has recently gone back to her first loves! :)
  • She hates getting her hair done, but loves it when its all done and looking pretty
  • She loves anything to do with princesses
  • She loves preschool and her teacher Miss Michelle
  • She loves dance
  • She is a great eater
  • She is very affectionate and loves to sit on mommy or daddy's lap and gives lots of hugs and kisses
  • She can climb and reach anything. Nothing is out of her reach
  • She can have a mega attitude.
  • She can be the sweetest girl around.
  • She loves to sing and makes up her own songs
  • She "reads" to herself all the time even though she is just starting to really read. She makes up her own stories
  • Her best friends are Hannah and Maddie
  • She really enjoys having brothers.

On Sunday night, before we headed back home, my mom and dad gave Shaylee her birthday present from them. She got a Barbie that she LOVES, and a skirt, puzzle, and coloring book.






Shaylee with Grandma and Grandpa

Her birthday got off to a great start, but when the actual day hit... four of the six of us were sick with the stomach flu. It was the day after we got back from our Spring break trip and I woke up sick, Shay came in our room and had thrown up on her PJ's, I went to get Jaron out of bed and he had thrown up all over his crib, and then Brandon came home from school early that day and was sick. Needless to say we did nothing on her birthday. We let her open three presents because she was so sad, but we decided to celebrate the day after her birthday instead. We took her to McDonald's and got a happy meal. (This is a treat for our kids because they rarely get happy meals) Then we had cake and ice cream and opened up her presents. It was a fun day and I feel like it was a good birthday even though it started out rough.








Kenyon made her a purse! Sweet!




Her cute tutu!

On Saturday we had her birthday party. She invited nine friends and they were all able to come. It was a Fancy Nancy party and so all the girls were dressed in their very fanciest clothes and looked so cute. For their party favor, I made them each a headband with a flower. It was a fun party and all the girls had a great time. Shaylee was very happy and enjoyed herself a lot.










They played "Fancy, Fancy, Nancy"!




Daddy serenaded the girls!





The headbands! Those were a lot of work!





They had parfaits


Happy Birthday, Shaylee! We love you!

7 comments:

Nicole Jackson said...

All those fancy girls are darling! Love the headband, can't believe you made that many! But glad you did! Happy Birthday Shay!

Zanny said...

Wow, you went to so much work for that party! I loved those headbands. I'm so happy to see that you made her day so special and that she felt so loved. And I LOVED that barbie! I wish I could play with that NOW! I was always obsessed with barbies, though, weren't you?

Debbie said...

How fun! Headbands for party favors is a great idea! Definitely better than cheap toys and candy!

jrushing said...

Super cute! I can't believe she is 5 either! And now my boy is 4! It is amazing how time goes by. Isn't Jaron going to be 3??? Wild! It looks like she had a very fun and fancy birthday!

Cindy said...

You have the most fun parties! I guess I will have to call you for some fun ideas for Annika and Jilly's parties!

Gina said...

Happy Birthday Shaylee. You need to come visit so I can give her a late b-day present.

Ralina said...

How fun! I can't believe she is 5? They grow so fast. I hope she had a great birthday. Happy late Birthday to Shaylee!