For FHE tonight we were going to give cookies to our "new" neighbors, who moved in a few months ago. It has been pouring rain all weekend and all day today, so everyone got on their coats and shoes and we headed out the door. Jaron, was all buttoned up in his raincoat and ready to go like the other kids. As we headed out the door, we made it down the driveway and to the sidewalk when he stops and says, "It wet, mommy! It wet! It wet!" I was like, yes it's wet, but your okay, that's why we have shoes on. He says, "My feet, mommy! My feet! It wet!" I thought he wanted me to carry him, which is a common thing, so I just said, "Jaron, it's been raining of course it's wet! You have shoes..." And then I looked down at his feet before I even finished the sentence and no he did not have shoes on! He was walking on very wet sidewalks in his socks! Poor guy! I laughed and laughed and of course picked him up. He kept saying, "My shoes, my shoes" When we got back in we took off his sopping wet socks and put him in some warm jammies. Sometimes child #4, doesn't quite get the attention that child #1 got at the same age! :)
Family Picture
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
A Funny Jaron Moment
For FHE tonight we were going to give cookies to our "new" neighbors, who moved in a few months ago. It has been pouring rain all weekend and all day today, so everyone got on their coats and shoes and we headed out the door. Jaron, was all buttoned up in his raincoat and ready to go like the other kids. As we headed out the door, we made it down the driveway and to the sidewalk when he stops and says, "It wet, mommy! It wet! It wet!" I was like, yes it's wet, but your okay, that's why we have shoes on. He says, "My feet, mommy! My feet! It wet!" I thought he wanted me to carry him, which is a common thing, so I just said, "Jaron, it's been raining of course it's wet! You have shoes..." And then I looked down at his feet before I even finished the sentence and no he did not have shoes on! He was walking on very wet sidewalks in his socks! Poor guy! I laughed and laughed and of course picked him up. He kept saying, "My shoes, my shoes" When we got back in we took off his sopping wet socks and put him in some warm jammies. Sometimes child #4, doesn't quite get the attention that child #1 got at the same age! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
LOL! That is great! Hopefully you won't forget his shoes at the patch today ;)
Poor Jaron! that is too funny!
As a mother of 5, I know the feeling. I think that the farther down the line from being the oldest- the tougher they get. I went to take kids to the dentist, and when we got out to go in the office, my Gavin didn't have any shoes. Oh well :) We survived and so did he. I just felt like a crappy mom.
That is pretty funny. All in a lifetime.
Post a Comment