Family Picture

Family Picture

Monday, October 18, 2010

Happy Birthday To My Mom!

My mom's birthday is September 23rd. My parents left on the 22nd, so we celebrated her birthday on September 21st. It was fun to actually be able to spend her birthday with her, since we live too far away from her to ever be there for her birthday. We had fajitas for dinner, since my mom loves Mexican food. And we had presents and cake and ice cream. Shaylee thought that Grandma did not get enough presents. I tried to explain that these were just our presents, but she would get presents from her other kids and Grandpa. I thought it was very sweet how concerned she was about that.

IMG_8039

IMG_8040

IMG_8043

IMG_8046

IMG_8052

IMG_8058

IMG_8060


I had a great time with my mom and dad here. They were only here for five days, so we didn't do anything too exciting. We went shopping at the mall and bought an outfit for Maycee. We went to Babies R Us and traded an old stroller for a new one for Maycee. They came to church with us. We met my sister and her daughter at the mall and shopped some more. My mom played countless games with my kids. My dad put in a garage door keyless entry for me. It was a productive and fun time. I am excited to see my mom again in January. I miss her a lot. I wish that they lived closer.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

That's fun that you got to celebrate mom's b-day with her! And I love the picture of Jaron lying on the table with his blanky! Very cute!

Zanny said...

Your mom is so sweet! I'm glad you could make her feel special on her birthday. That chocolate cake looks DE-licious! So fudge-y looking and yummy.

great grandma phelon said...

Your Mom is definitely a SUPER Mom.

Cindy said...

I adore the picture of mom with her natural smile!! I may have to steal it. By the way, love the shirt you were wearing. Looks a little familiar!