Family Picture

Family Picture

Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Train Expo!

On November 12th, we had mom and dad at our house, so we decided to go see the train expo in Portland.  We stopped at a donut store to get some yummy donuts and then we headed to the train expo.  There was a long line because of course the day we choose to go is when they had an article about it in the Oregonian, but the line moved quickly and we were soon inside.  The exhibit was a display of the Portland and Vancouver areas and the Gorge.  It was really neat to see the different trains going through these familiar areas.  The kids loved it.  Once you were out of the main display area, they had a lego train set up in the snack area.  I think the big boys enjoyed that even more than the main train area.  Kenyon is Lego crazy. 

After going to the train exhibit, we went shopping at Kohl's and I FINALLY got some winter clothes that fit me.  It was so nice to be able to buy Small and Medium sized clothes again.  I love that I am losing weight and starting to look like my old self again!




This is one of the train workers fixing a train


Grandpa, Grandma, and Jaron enjoying the trains


Kenyon

This was my favorite part, it was a drive in theater with The Wizard of Oz playing

The Lego display


1 comment:

Carrie said...

That is way cool. Kolton would have loved that when he was tiny, still would. I'll have to call you and see if this goes on all the time or if it was temporary.