On day 2, we spent the day at California Adventure. We got there right when it opened and I headed to the Toy Story ride with the kids while Pete went to get fast passes for Soarin' over California. When I got to Toy Story the line was already WAY long. I didn't want to start out the day with a long line, so instead I went to see what else the park had to offer. Brandon wanted to go on California Screamin' anyway. Pete met up with us and we realized that the Toy Story ride was broken which is why the line was so long so soon after the park opened. They made everyone get out of line and closed it temporarily, so I was super happy I hadn't sat in that line for 25 minutes and then had to get out. We spent the morning going on the Mickey's fun wheel (Pete, Brandon and Kenyon went on this- rated it OK), Ariel's undersea adventure (I rode this three times with the three little ones while the others were on the Ferris Wheel - the little kids liked it), California Screamin' (LOVED it, best ride in the park including DL) and Jumpin' Jellyfish (Shaylee's favorite ride- she laughed the WHOLE time). Buy this time it was time to go to California Soarin' for our fast passes. I went with the four oldest and Pete stayed with Maycee. I convinced Jaron he would love it, but when we actually got in there and he saw the weird seats, he refused to go on it, so Jaron, Shaylee and I all had to leave the ride. Shaylee was not seven, so she couldn't ride any ride without an adult on with her. Brandon and Kenyon stayed and rode it alone. I took Jaron to Pete and then got back in line. Luckily they gave me a parents pass, so Shaylee and I could go right onto the ride. After Soarin' Over Ca. the weather took a turn and it started raining. It was great. Everyone left the park and it was like a ghost town. The rest of that day we rode ride after ride after ride most with almost no wait at all. We did have to wait for Toy Story, but even that was only like a 15 minute wait. The rest of the rides we rode that day were: Monsters Inc. (cute), Tower of Terror (awesome), King Triton's Carousel (good kid ride), Goofy's Sky School (Brandon and Kenyon loved it and I thought it was fun), Mickey's Silly Swings (Kenyon's favorite), Flik's Flyers, Francis Ladybug Boogy, Heimlich's Chew Chew Train, Tuck and Roll's Drive Em Buggies (all of these rides are great for the little kids).
We also saw the Muppets 3D movie and the Bugs Life Show. I loved the Bugs Life show. It was so much fun. It was such a great day. We were wet, but we went on so many rides I can't even count them. It was worth the rain to be able to get off a ride and go and get right back on it. Brandon, Kenyon and I rode Goofy's Flying School five times in a row. We got off, back on, off.... It really was so much fun! We also were able to ride Toy Story Mania three times in a row. We had so much fun! This day for dinner we were going to go to the Rain Forest Cafe, but it was so late and the wait was an hour long, so we ate at the McDonald's across the street. I will say, I was so hungry and that was best McD's I have ever eaten! YUM!
 |
| Pete and Shaylee |
 |
| Brandon ramming Jaron and me. |
 |
| Brandon crashing in to Kenyon. See all the empty bugs! |
 |
| We rode this one a ton because it was under cover. The kids loved this one. |
 |
| Shaylee and I getting rained on. This ride had the rain streaming off the top of the nut and right onto our heads! |
 |
| Yep, it's pouring rain and we are riding rides! That's Kenyon in the green poncho. |
 |
| Pete thought this was the funniest name for a food stand! |
 |
| King Triton's Carousel. They rode this while we were riding California Screamin' |
 |
| Shaylee's favorite ride! We rode this like five times! |
3 comments:
Looks like you got the best rides in: Toy Story, Tower of Terror and California Screamin' I'm guessing you didn't do the water rides since you were wet already.
Whenever I think the of the rainforest cafe I think of when we went there and Alyssa got scared--"I don't like monkeys!"
Oops..I forgot to tell you that Soarin' opens up to one hour before the rest of the rides in the park opens. We always ride that one or two times before opening.
That's great that you got to ride so many rides!!
Post a Comment