On day three, our day started a bit on the crazy side. Kenyon was trying to dry his shoes from our wet day the day before and he set them on the heater turned the heater on full blast and then left them and went on his merry way getting ready. When he went to put his shoes on as we were heading out the door, his shoes had big holes in them! It took me a minute to realize that the heater had melted the plastic of the shoes. YIKES! (and they were expensive Nikes, of course, they couldn't be cheapy shoes). So, while I headed out the door with the other four kids to Disneyland, Pete and Kenyon headed off to Walmart to buy Kenyon new shoes. Not a good way to start the day, but Pete was super fast and was able to meet us at our first ride of the day, Peter Pan. We waited in this line for probably minutes. It was the longest line we waited in for a ride. It was worth it because it is a classic. Pete and Maycee didn't go on it, instead Pete went and got fast passes for another ride (I can't remember which one). We spent the morning at DL and rode Peter Pan, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Dumbo, Star Tours, Buzz Lighter Year's Astroblasters (Jaron did not ride this on our first day because he was so sick), Splash Mountain, and Pirate's of the Carribean. I really wanted to ride Space Mountain, but it was closed. Pete stood in line for an hour so that Shaylee could go to the Princess Fantasy Faire. She and Maycee got to see Cinderella, Ariel, and Belle. While they did that I took the boys to Toon town, since it is right next door. The older boys rode Gadget's Go Coaster (the said it was lame) and I took Jaron to meet Mickey. He loved Mickey's house it was so cute. Luckily while we were waiting to see Mickey Pete and the girls were done at the Princess faire and were able to come and meet us just in time to go in and meet Mickey. The older boys were so mad when they realized that they missed out on Mickey for "stupid, and very short ride", but such is life. Before leaving they were able to see Pluto and meet Donald Duck (Jaron's favorite Disney character). It was now time to head off to California Adventure.
At California Adventure we rode all of our favorite rides again and again and again. I don't know how many times the boys rode California Screamin', but they loved that ride! We had a great day and rode until we could ride no more! Pete and the boys had to go on a few last rides, so I took the three little ones and got a spot for the World of Color. I love that show, it was so pretty and the kids seemed to enjoy it. After the park closed we headed out to Downtown Disney and went to the Disney store and bought all of our souvenirs from there. The kids all got some fun things and we were able to call it a very successful Disney vacation.
On this day the kids ate pretzel hot dogs from a pretzel place in Downtown Disney and Pete and I ate at a burrito place. It had an outdoor eating area and so we left the kids with Brandon in charge while I went into the burrito place with Pete to decide what I wanted. I then came back out while he paid and got the food. When I came outside a lady sitting just a few tables down told me that my kids are the best behaved children she has ever seen. She couldn't believe how good they were with each other and they all stayed right where we sat them and ate and didn't get up and mess around. I was a very proud momma! They got lots of praise for their wonderful behavior. They were so great the whole trip. Very little whining and complaining.
 |
| Sleeping Beauty's castle |
 |
| Brandon, Shaylee Kenyon, Steph and Pete (Maycee was sleeping and Jaron was having attitude) |
 |
| The kids with Alice and the Mad Hatter (Shaylee loves Alice) |
 |
| Shaylee at the Princess Fantasy Faire |
 |
| Shaylee and Belle |
 |
| Cinderella loved Maycee- I adore this picture |
 |
| Cinderella and Shaylee |
 |
| Ariel and Shaylee (her favorite princess) |
 |
| Toon Town (the only thing worth doing here is Mickey's house) |
 |
| Toon Town |
 |
| Mickey's House |
 |
| Maycee, Steph, Jaron, Mickey, Shaylee and Pete- Loved this! |
|
 |
| Donald and Brandon |
 |
| Kenyon and Donald |
 |
| Shaylee and Donald |
 |
| Donald and Jaron - he was so excited to meet Donald |
 |
| Pluto |
We had such a great time at Disneyland and we hope to do it again in a few years. Thanks to all my friends who gave us such great advice on how to work the system to our advantage. It made a world of difference.
No comments:
Post a Comment