Family Picture

Family Picture

Friday, April 5, 2013

One last outing...

Before school starts!  On September 4, we headed out to our favorite place on the coast, Pacific City and Tillamook.  We first stopped at the Cheese factory and watched the making cheese then we ate some samples, Yum!  And of course we couldn't leave the factory without getting an ice cream cone full of yummy Tillamook ice cream.

 









Then we went on to Pacific City and drove out on the beach like we normally do, not noticing that no one else except four wheel drive vehicles were on the beach.  There was a reason for this, the sand was super soft and not packed down at all like it usually is when we go out there.  We got Stuck!  And I mean really stuck!  We had people trying to dig us out, pull us out, push us out and everyone gave up when the van's wheels just dug in deeper except Pete.  He was determined to dig us out, we had a nice couple who stayed and the husband got under the van with Pete to dig and the wife kept me company as I tried to keep the baby occupied.  She was so nice and really enjoyed talking to her.  She is from Australia and met her husband there when he was visiting.  She fell in love and came back with him to the states and married him.  I was so anxious about the van, it was nice to just chat with her and keep my mind off the van and Pete digging it out.  Well, after probably a half an hour of digging they finally got it out of the crater it was in.  Hallelujah!  I was so relieved!  So grateful to our super nice friends who helped us out.









The rest of the time we were able to relax and just enjoy being on the beach and enjoying the beautiful scenery.  The kids love to dig in the sand and play in the waves.  My boys always want to climb the huge sand dune.  I love the Northwest.






We found this lot up for sale on our way home and man if we had the money I would have bought it in a heartbeat!

No comments: