Basketball is my favorite sport. I played church basketball in high school and I just love it. It's fun to play and fun to watch. I am also a HUGE Utah Jazz fan. They are my favorite sports team. So, last year, when my friend Kirse asked me if I wanted to put Brandon in basketball with Ethan, I jumped at the chance. Unfortunately, Brandon did not enjoy himself. He decided that basketball was not for him and after the season refused to play at recess or even at home. Even if all the neighborhood friends were playing, he would just sit and watch. I wanted him to give basketball a second chance. His coach last year left a lot to be desired. He was a terrible coach. So, I convinced Brandon to give it one more chance and this year, Ethan's dad was the coach for his team. He loves basketball now and even plays at recess! That is a major break through. Tim actually taught him the rules and skills of basketball instead of just scrimmaging all the time. They practiced defense, layups, free throws, dribbling, and he taught them about traveling and double dribbling and fouling. He now understands what basketball is all about and he really enjoyed himself. Thank Heavens! He plans on playing again next year. His team had a great season! They started off rough, but really worked at it and got so much better. They ended the season 6 wins and 4 losses. I was really impressed. Brandon even made some baskets in there. Good job Brandon!


Kenyon has wanted to play basketball ever since he saw Brandon play last year. So, we put him in with his friend Alex. We weren't so lucky on the coach again! His coach basically taught him nothing, but he still likes basketball and I decided that we would go to the park this year and play basketball together. Shaylee can play on the play structure and the rest of us will play basketball. Because we all know that Jaron will be right in the middle of it!!!!! Basketball fan that he is!!! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment