Family Picture

Family Picture

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Father's Day

I've been wanting to do this post, but wanted to spend time on it. It has been a really busy couple of weeks since we are trying to cram in some fun along with the cleaning and packing before we head to Utah on Thursday.

I have been greatly blessed with a wonderful father, who made many sacrifices while I was growing up to provide for his family. He traveled a lot and missed out on a lot of our lives when we were younger. I can vividly remember being about six years old and being so excited for my dad to come home from a trip. It was one of his longer trips and he had been gone for weeks. When he walked through the door everyone was surrounding him with hugs and kisses. I stood on the side lines and started bawling. I was embarrassed and didn't understand why I was crying. I was happy not sad. My mom explained to me that sometimes when we are really happy we cry, too. I don't know why this has always stuck in my head, but this is my most vivid memory of my dad coming home from a trip. I can't imagine how hard it must have been for him to leave his family behind in foreign countries and miss out on so much of our day to day lives. Now that I am an adult, I know it must have been very difficult for him.

My dad is a softy who had more bark than bite. I could almost always get him to cave into me with a pathetic look on my face. He is such a great dad and a wonderful grandpa. All my children adore him, especially Jaron. It doesn't matter how long we go without seeing my dad, Jaron always attaches himself to grandpa as soon as he sees him again. It is so sweet.

Dad- I want you to know that I love you and I think you are a wonderful father and grandfather.


Growing up with my dad's example of hard work and doing what is necessary to provide for your family. I was looking to marry someone with those same qualities. Pete is such a hard worker who provides for us so well. He is a wonderful dad to our children and the best husband ever. I adore his sense of humor and his willingness to help out around the house. I love the close relationship he has with each one of our kids. I love how he makes them feel important and shows an interest in their lives.

Pete- You are a fabulous father and husband. Thank you for all that you do for us. I love you more and more every day.

On Father's day we decided to have a picnic at Pacific park. This park is so beautiful and scenic. We had a great time playing and walking and talking. What a great way to spend this special day.



4 comments:

teamZ said...

Lots of pics of the little man

Cindy said...

We are so blessed to have such a wonderful dad. He and Mom gave us a fairy tale childhood. Can't wait to see you in a day and a half!

Zanny said...

Hey you!! How fun it was to hang out with you on the 4th of July! The parade and the fireworks were great, weren't they? Your kids are so darling and so are YOU! I'm so excited to read your blog. It's totally cute, by the way.

Ralina said...

You guys are such a sweet family. This looks like a fun park and great pictures with the kids and Pete. I also have to say that you have a great father who was willing to take me from Ricks back down to Utah. I am so grateful to know you and some of your family. I hope they had a great father's day!