Family Picture

Family Picture

Sunday, June 14, 2009

In the Garden.... and the hot air balloon launch

Finally we are coming down to the last of the many end of school year activities that this elementary school has every year.

On Monday, June 8th, Kenyon had his musical informance for school. The first grade program is about all the little critters, you can find in your garden. Kenyon was a butterfly, he played the xylophone and the drums. It was a cute performance and he was a wonderful butterfly.



On Thursday, the first grade had their annual hot air balloon launch. Each class makes a hot air balloon out of tissue paper and then as the final event of their science unit on solids, liquids and gas, they launch their balloons up. All of the younger grades and the first grade families are invited to come see the launch. It was a lot of fun. Jaron was fascinated by the whole thing.





On Thursday when the boys got home, and I went to unlock the door for them this is what I saw....


Oh Joy!!!!!! Yippee!!!!! Kenyon got his name pulled out of the hat to take his class's hot air balloon home! I was so excited to have this huge tissue paper balloon in my house I could hardly contain myself! I know, I know, the rest of you first grade parents are SO jealous of my child's good luck. You wish this was your kid. I'm sorry, but only I am so lucky as to have this wonderful balloon in my home. What am I going to do with this lovely object, you may ask.... well, when my kids aren't looking one day I am sure you will find it in my garbage can one Monday morning in the near future! :)

5 comments:

Gina said...

I think that's pretty funny that Kenyon ended up with that hot air balloon. I wouldn't have been very excited either.

Tyler said...

Well that would be a perfectly good waste of a hot air balloon! I mean its not like you're not going to use it every day!

The Moarefdoust Family said...

I loved it when AJ did the hot air balloon launch. That was a lot of fun!

Ashley said...

Don't you LOVE IT when your kids come home with all sorts of "treasures" from school? Collin is the best at that!! Looks like a fun day!

Debbie said...

Come on Steph! Why weren't you excited about the hot air balloon?! Looks like the kids are loving it! Glad I am not the only mom who throws things out when her kids aren't looking!