Family Picture

Family Picture

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Utah Here We Come!!!!

So, the last day of school was INSANE!!!!  Pete and I packed up the car the night before and then when school was over I went and picked up the kids at school- took all the kids pictures with their teachers, which was CRAZY while carrying the baby and having Jaron running behind me, but I did it!-then I went and picked Pete up at work and we headed out on our 12 hour drive, which is actually 13, with a nursing baby!  We arrived at 2 am Friday morning  and fell into the beds my mom, the super hostess, had ready for us! We had a great night's sleep and then headed to Pleasant Grove, to spend the day with Grandma Phelon at Strawberry Days!  We ate a free lunch at the Bank of American Fork and then headed to the rides where the kids all used up their tickets and rode lots of fun rides.  Along the way we met up with some of Pete's brothers, their wives and kids.  It was a fun afternoon.

Brandon, Jaron, Lynnette, Valerie, Maycee, Kimball, Tom, McKay and Grandma Phelon We ran into Pete's brother, Tom and his family right as we walked into Strawberry Days!
Here Jaron is just excited!

Here he is just terrified!!!!

This ride is more his style-now that's a happy face!


Yikes!  B's first time on this type of ride!

 







Pete taking a picture of us on the ground from the Ferris Wheel
A picture of the beautiful mountains from the Ferris Wheel
 


As soon as we were done with the rides we headed to the airport to drop Pete off, so he could head home and work for the next two weeks.  I then went to the Summers family reunion in Sandy.  I was able to see my aunts, uncles and cousins who I hadn't seen in a year including my cousin Kelly who had just arrived home from Iraq!  It was so great to give him a big squeeze!  This is also the first time I had seen my sister in ten and a half months and it was a fun reunion!  No pictures of the reunion because I was just exhausted and didn't think about it.  Oops!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Ten and a half months was way too long, Woman!!