Family Picture

Family Picture

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Recital and Talent Show



Brandon started taking piano in December from my friend Karen. We are trading piano lessons for reading lessons. She teaches Brandon piano and I teach her daughter, Rachel to read. Brandon loves piano and is doing very well at it.

When Karen asked me if we would like to join some other women in the ward who teach piano and were having a recital on April 19th, I thought it would be a great opportunity for Brandon. He was going to play Star Wars in his school talent show on May 2nd, so adding the recital in would be good practice for him.

At the recital he played "Ode to Joy" and "Star Wars" he was nervous, but he did a good job! I was very proud of him.

On Friday he played for his talent show. He first played for the school at an assembly and then played that night at the High School for parents, friends and relatives. He did a wonderful job and he really enjoyed doing it.

Way to go Brandon!



4 comments:

great grandma phelon said...

Wow!! Brandon looks so big. He is growing up so fast. I am hoping to hear his piano pieces over the telephone. Give me a call and let me hear him.

Lots of Love,

Grandma Phelon

The Batty Bunch said...

Why to go Brandon,
I miss my recital days. Keep practicing, you will be an awesome piano player for your mission.
HUGS,
Cousin Liz
P.S. Steph Tag your it (c my blog)

teamZ said...

Brandon you are a terrific student!

Tamara said...

Good job on the piano! It's hard work, but worth it.