
Oh the weather outside is frightful... or it has been for the last week and a half anyway! I am behind on my blogging, but I still need to blog about all of our LOVELY snow! So here goes...
On December 14th, we woke up to a skiff of snow on the ground and the snow was still coming down lightly. My kids were so excited. You must realize that to kids in the northwest a skiff of snow is exciting because we usually don't get much more than that. The snow that day didn't amount to much, but there was still snow in the forecast.
We didn't get anything on Monday or Tuesday on Wednesday we woke up to another skiff. Seriously, maybe an eighth of an inch. Not much. I got my kids ready for school and then called my friend and found there was no school! Are you kidding? There's nothing on the ground! So, we had a fun day cleaning the house for Grandma P. to come. On Thursday morning, we wake up and there's a good inch on the ground and it is coming down hard! I figure for sure there's no school today. Wrong! School's in session! Amazing! They cancel for nothing on Wednesday and hold school when there's actually IS snow on the ground. Whatever! Off to school they go. They had lots of fun walking and throwing snowballs with their friends all the way to school.
Luckily by mid morning the snow stopped and Pete's mom's flight was able to land without any problems. On Friday it snowed most of the day. By this time I was a nervous wreck. My parents are driving here for Brandon's baptism and there's a huge storm predicted for Saturday and Sunday. I was so afraid that they were going to cancel his baptism and we had all these people who came out for it. I kept thinking snow, snow go away come again in January! No such luck. We got a ton of snow on Saturday and Sunday, but still held the baptism even though church for the whole stake was canceled.
On Monday the 22nd it didn't snow much, but it was cold. Pete's mom's flight was canceled. What to do? While Pete was on the phone with the ticket agent to reschedule her flight and they were deciding between her leaving on Christmas Eve or the twenty sixth, the last seat for Christmas Eve was taken! Too bad Grandma, you have to celebrate Christmas with us! Everyone was very excited to have Grandma stay for Christmas.
Tuesday was another semi snowy day. By this time we had about ten inches of snow. We had snow on Christmas Eve and Christmas day as well. By the end, I figure we got about 15 inches of snow. That is a ton of snow for this area. In the seven years we have lived here we haven't gotten close to that amount of snow. It was a lot of fun!
The kids enjoyed making snow angels and a snow man with their uncle Nathan. Pete and I looked and looked for a sled, but they were all sold out. We will have to get one when they get back in stock and hopefully we'll have more snow this winter and we can actually go sledding. If not, I guess we'll head up to Mount Hood.



I am hoping that with the winter starting out this way we will get at least one more big snow storm this winter. I do miss the snow!


1 comment:
It has been a crazy year for snow!! So much fun for Christmas!!
Post a Comment