Family Picture

Family Picture

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A White Baptism!


It has been very snowy here the last few days. We got a little bit last week and on Friday we probably had an inch or so, but on Saturday it really started coming down. I was getting very anxious since Brandon's baptism was scheduled for Sunday. Pete's mom's flight was scheduled to leave on Monday evening, so we really had to have the baptism on Sunday. Saturday night we found out that all Sunday meetings were canceled by the Stake President. Oh no! I asked Pete to find out about the baptism. Our Bishop said he would call the Stake President and find out. The Stake President made an exception and allowed us to hold the baptism. Phew!

Brandon's baptism was wonderful. It was so special to have it be the only meeting on that Sunday. We had so many people come even though the weather was so yucky. They changed the time from 6:45 pm to 3:00 because they were hoping it would be better driving conditions. We called all of those that we knew wanted to come to let them know about the time change.

Brandon was baptized with his friend Jensen Bowen. Brother Jackson conducted the meeting and of course that is special since he is our neighbor and good friend. Brother Young in our ward spoke as well as our home teacher Brother Brinkley. They both did a wonderful job. Brandon was baptized and confirmed by Pete. It is so wonderful to have a husband who holds the priesthood and is worthy to perform these ordinances. Brandon had such a sweet smile on his face through the whole meeting. You could tell that he was feeling the Spirit.

I thought it was so neat that Brandon was baptized on such a snowy day. It is so rare for it to snow a lot here. I wanted him and Pete to have their pictures taken in the snow. I had no idea as I walked outside that it had started snowing again! It was really coming down! We got some really cute pictures of them in the snow.

What a wonderful and memorable day. Brandon, you are such a special boy and you give me such great joy. I am so grateful to be your mother!



8 comments:

Ashley said...

CUTE!! Can you believe we have eight year olds? Last time I checked, I wasn't old enough to have an eight year old :) Collin gets baptized on January 3rd. He is excited!

Kim said...

Those are the sweetest pictures of Brandon and Pete! I can't believe he's already 8!!

Tiffany said...

What a neat baptism for Brandon! I'm sure he won't forget the experience and ALL that went with it. He looks so happy :)

Sister Kaylie Victoria Crofts said...

I'm so glad we could come, and what a day to remember for Brandon!

Cindy said...

Another milestone! Wish we could've been there! We love you Brandini!

RSM Text Factor Gurus said...

congratulations! The pictures are great!

Ralina said...

What great pictures. I am sad we missed it. It sounds like it was such a special day for the family.

Dannielle said...

Tell Brandon hi for me and that I wished I could have been there - what a great memory with all the snow!