
She's three, but she thinks she's Stacy London in "What Not to Wear". Shaylee thinks she knows all about fashion. Or at least what mommy should wear.
Last Monday, when I was getting ready to go over to my friend, Rebecca's house. My daughter came in the bathroom and started going through my closet. She says, "Mommy, you can wear this or this or this or this...." (This is what I say to her on school mornings or when I care about what she is wearing). So, I pointed to the clothes I had laid out on the tub and said, "I'm wearing those clothes today". She comes over and looks at the shirt, lifts it up, looks at the pants, lifts it up and looks at the sweater. After she looks at it all, she sighs and looks at me and says, "No mommy, these clothes are not good. You're not wearing those." What?! And who are you? Did we switch roles here? Am I the child and you the mother? Yes, she shocked me. I said, "Shaylee, Mommy is wearing those clothes today." She sighs again and says, "Fine, but tomorrow you will wear this or this or this...". Okay, Shay, I got it. Thanks for your help Shaylee London!
Really is this outfit so bad?
Please forgive how I look in this picture. It was the end of the day when Pete came home to take
the picture. This is my tired mommy look!
I just can't believe that Shaylee is three and acting like she's thirteen! What am I going to do in ten years when she is thirteen. HELP!!!!!
9 comments:
Hmmmm...kind of sounds like something her mother would have done! Shay totally reminds me of a miniature version of you!
So funny. I can't believe how old she's looking and that picture of her in the tutu is darling!
You're both hysterical! Made my day.
What a funny girl! She is so much fun and full attitude. I think she and Annika are related!
I actually had the same thought as Debbie. She reminds me of another little girl years ago that insisted on wearing frilly church dresses every day.
Talk about personality!!! Sha ylee sure does have some. Way funny!
Such drama. Aren't you happy you did not have all boys. Shaylee is so much fun.
Lots of Love, Grandma Phelon
So Cute! I love the last picture.
This post is hilarious.
Post a Comment