
On Presidents weekend, February 15-16th, we decided to got to the Coast with our friends the Kellis's. We left Sunday after church and met them at Fort Steven's in Oregon. We settled into our yurt and then took off to see the sites in Astoria. We went to the Astoria column, which was closed for renovation, so we were unable to go to the top of it, but it is up on a hill and it still gives you a great view of Astoria, the Columbia River, and Washington on the other side. It is a beautiful sight. Then we went to see the" Goonies" house and the school from "Kindergarten cop". By this time it was getting dark so we headed back down to the yurts.
We roasted hot dogs and sausages over the fire for dinner. It was so yummy! There's nothing like the taste of a true roasted hot dog. We had S'mores for desert and the kids had such a great time roasting marshmallows. It was SO cold and our fire felt so nice and cosy. After we got everything cleaned up, we had some visitors at our camp. Raccoons. We had three big, fat raccoons scrounging for food. Pete was positive they wouldn't be able to get into our coolers, so he left those outside while he took Kenyon to the bathroom. I was in the yurt getting the kids ready for bed when I heard a lot of noise and rustling outside the door. I knew that those stinkin' little critters were getting into our coolers! I am terrified of wild animals and was not going to go out there and scare them off! I called Pete and told him and sure enough when he got back the little coolers lid was open and the leftover sausages gone! Pete thought it was all pretty funny. Needless to say we put the coolers in the car for the night.

The next day we got up and had a yummy breakfast of pancakes, eggs and bacon. Then we headed to the Peter Iredale beach. It is such a pretty beach, but it was just too cold to stay out very long. We then headed to Cannon Beach. We had a picnic lunch on the beach and the kids had a great time running up and down a big sand hill. On our way home we stopped at the Tillamook Cheese Factory to get cheese samples and some yummy icecream. We love the Tillamook Cheese Factory. It's one of our favorite places to go.






It was such a fun weekend and I can't wait to do it again when it's a little warmer! :)



6 comments:
Looks like it was a fun trip. I think you guys visit the cheese factory more than anyone else I know. You guys must take the long way home if Tillamook is on the way home from Cannon Beach.
How fun! It looks like a really neat place.
Sounds like you had a good time! Shaylee's hair looks like it has gotten a lot longer!
BURRRRRRR!! Is it spring yet??
I have never stayed in one of those. How do you even get reservations? It sounds like a great way to enjoy the outdoors in the winter.
What a fun adventure!
Post a Comment