We boarded the train and excitedly found our seats. From the very beginning of the ride it is very exciting and interactive. They had the Hobo going up and down the aisles yelling funny things, and the cooks handing out Hot Cocoa and molasses cookies. Shaylee didn't drink the cocoa, but couldn't resist the cookies. She had been acting fine since we got out of the car and I figured we might as well let her enjoy the whole experience. They had music playing and the guy on the loudspeaker read us the Polar Express. The conductor came down the aisle and punched everyone's tickets. He was very interactive with the kids and was telling them about his "special snow" from his hole puncher. Then he says you know what happens with the special snow? And he dumps it all on my head! I had LOTS of paper circles in my hair that Shaylee so sweetly spent about ten minutes picking out.
Here he is explaining about his "special snow"
And then it all goes on mom's head
See, funny funny
Shaylee picking it out of mom's hair
The hobo
Then as we got further away from the station and closer to the North Pole the rain changed to snow and the ride became really magical. When we got to the North Pole we saw the buildings where all the toys are made and Santa's house and Santa and his elves waving at us. Then the conductor convinced Santa to come on the train! YEA! He visited each of the kids and Brandon gave him one of our candy cane oreos and he gave each of the kids a silver bell from his sleigh. On the way back to the station we sang Christmas carols and the conductor came and visited us again. It was so fun and the kids were so sad when it ended. Jaron said, "I stay on da twain!" I think that is how all of the kids felt.
Santa Clause even captivates an 8 and 10 year old
Santa Clause is giving the kids their bells
The kids with their bells from Santa
Writing on foggy windows is so much fun!
It was so worth the money and the kids just loved it. The people they have on the train do a great job and it was just so much fun.
Shaylee didn't threw up the rest of the day, so I think she just got carsick.
4 comments:
That looks like so much fun! I wish we would have done that when the kids were younger!! Sad.
So much fun!!
Too much fun!! I want to go!
Post a Comment