Family Picture

Family Picture

Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas Eve

Every Christmas Eve we spend with my sister Gina and her family. Either at my house or hers. This year we had the celebration at my house. We always eat homemade pizza, this is a tradition that Gina and I grew up with, and we have a Christmas Eve program (another Summers tradition). This year I let Brandon put the program together and he did a great job. He and Kenyon both played two songs, my niece Shannon did a power point presentation on the meaning of Christmas (this one made me laugh, we are in a different day and age), Tyler read a poem, Evan read a story and Shaylee, Lauren and Jaron sang "Jingle Bells" (Whitney didn't want to sing with them). Then all the kids participated in the puppet nativity while Tyler read the story.









We then let the kids open one gift each, our kids all get something to do with bedtime. Every year it is different. This year they all got snuggies. I got a snuggie last year for Christmas and my kids drag the thing all over the house, so we decided it was time for them to have their own. They love them and are so happy with them. After all the fun it's time for everyone to clean up and getting ready for bed so Santa can come.







2 comments:

Zanny said...

Oh, I love all your traditions! And what a cute idea the snuggie is!

great grandma phelon said...

I remember your wonderful Christmas Eve traditions. I wish I could have been there.