On July 7, We went to Promontory Point which is west of Brigham City, where the two railroads from the East and the West met and the Golden Spike was driven into the tracks. I was hoping this would be a great activity for the kids, but they did the reenactment of the ceremony and it was so looooooong and it was hot and way boring for the little ones. We were sitting in an area that was filled with little rocks on the ground and the kids kept playing in the rocks. The head guy of the reenactment even stopped the whole thing and told the kids not to play in the rocks. I was annoyed because they weren't hurting anyone and if you don't want kids to play in the rocks than cement the thing.
When it was finally over we headed home and Cindy and I ended up with Maycee and Jillian in the middle seat of my van and Stevie and Jaron in the backseat. It was one of THE WORST car rides I have ever had to endure. Jilly and Maycee were just awful. Maycee was tired and so she was crying and that was bugging Jillian, so than Jillian had a complete and total melt down and just couldn't stop crying which made Maycee cry even more. I eventually stopped at Burger King and got the kids cones in the hopes that Maycee and Jillian would stop crying. It worked for a few mins, but then Maycee bit out the bottom of her cone and got ice cream in her hands which made her hands cold, so she started crying again and then that set of Jilly! It was horrible! I thought we would never get home. While the girls were causing all this ruckus, Jaron and Stevie were having a great old time in the back talking and enjoying each others company. I couldn't believe that they weren't bothered by the little girls noise. I was grateful that they were in the car instead of Shaylee and Annika because the little girls would have bugged them and then they would have added to the noise with their complaining. See there is a silver lining in everything! :)


 |
| Jilly's dirty feet from playing in the dirt and gravel |
 |
| The two trains meeting |
 |
| The 119 came from the East |
 |
| The Jupiter came from the West |
 |
| Kenyon is doing the Scavenger hunt |
 |
| It was really sunny and so Brandon borrowed Grandma's sun glasses |
No comments:
Post a Comment