
Since we have an Irish last name, we decided we needed to go all out for St. Patrick's Day! We started our morning out with green waffles! YUMMY! I got the idea from my friend Kirse who was watching my children overnight last St. Patrick's Day. She made them green waffles for breakfast and Brandon insisted that we had to have them for breakfast this year. They loved them! Then for dinner we had corned beef and cabbage. Pete was in heaven! He loves corned beef and cabbage and he never gets it since I hate it!
Pete loves St. Patrick's day. As you can tell by his hats and scarf. The scarf and pompom hat we bought in Chicago when we lived there. Chicago is all about St. Patrick's day. When we lived there we stood on the bridge and watched them turn the river green. That was a lot of fun to see. They also have a parade that we were able to see. Chicago is a fun place to spend St. Paddy's Day.
I think that we will keep the green waffles and corned beef and cabbage for every St. Paddy's Day. It was a lot of fun and the kids loved it!


8 comments:
Looks like you guys had a great time! We celbrated by having green pancakes for lunch and then...that is about it!
Way to celebrate! Alyssa found out tonight at mutual at the fam. hist. ctr. that she has Irish ancestory. Dang! Another holiday to celebrate. Can I borrow the hat for Nathan to wear next year? :)
Love it, adorable!
Looks like you guys are still really into the green. I forgot about Pete's hat. I was hoping that would have been lost over the years...looks like you had fun.
p.s. did you guys know there is a Cheesecake Factory in Murray now? We went there last night.
Lots of fun. we always had green eggs and ham as a kid. but i was a loser mom and forgot it was st patricks day. we didn't do anything!
When did you change the name of your blog?? I just noticed it...cute.
I got up this morning and got on my blog and there was the new name. Pete called me and of course I said, nice name you gave my blog! I had to add in the Live well etc. to tie it in with the original name
Yes, everyone loves an Irish Girl, Shaylee. You look so cute.
You all look great....I love the hats. What could be better than to celebrate your Irishness Phelon's!
Love, Grandma Phelon
Post a Comment