Family Picture

Family Picture

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Trick or Treat - smell my feet- give me something good to eat!

We had a wonderful Halloween celebration at our house this year. The celebrations started off with a trip to the pumpkin patch last Saturday. We went with some of our friends who live in Beaverton. We went to the Plumper Pumpkin Patch. It was really fun and had a lot of activities to do. They had tube slides, water races, hay mazes, pumpkins sling shots, hay rides, and tons of other stuff. The kids had a great time. Their favorite thing was the tube slides. They loved those and would go down again and again. Even Jaron loved them! After wards we went to our friends for dinner and to hang out. We had a great time.














We decided not to get any pumpkins or ride the hay ride at that pumpkin patch because they were pricey. So instead we decided to go to Joe's Place on Monday night for their pumpkins and hay ride. This is the pumpkin patch we usually go to and we LOVE it. It doesn't have a ton of exciting things to do, but it is inexpensive and fun. We got there a little late and missed the last hay ride, but when we were standing there explaining this to the kids, farmer Joe walks by and hears us and says he is willing to do one more ride for us. We were thrilled! What great customer service! We each got to pick an apple and eat it on the hay ride. It was such fun! Then we chose our pumpkins, weighed them, and then as Pete was paying for the pumpkins, the guy who weighs the pumpkins started weighing the kids. They thought that was great fun! Brandon was 58 lbs. Kenyon was 45 lbs and Shaylee was 31 lbs.







On Tuesday the boys went over to their friend's house for a Halloween party. They got all dressed up and went over to watch Monster House. We didn't get any calls to pick up our scared little boys, so they must have been pretty brave through the movie! Brandon did get up in the night with a nightmare, though. Not unusual for him. When he was little we had to hide Sleeping Beauty because he insisted on watching it, but then would wake up with nightmares all night long.

On Thursday, Shaylee had her Halloween party at school. She was able to dress up and then each of the kids brought candy to share. She came home with a bag full of goodies. She thought that was a great day at school.

Our week was so busy that by Friday we still hadn't carved our pumpkins and I wasn't sure when we would be able to do it. The boys, especially Brandon were very upset. I got to go to Brandon's school and help out with pumpkin math on Friday afternoon. All the kids were talking about their carved pumpkins and I was feeling really guilty, so I decided since it was a beautiful afternoon when they got home from school, we would sit out on the front porch and carve pumpkins before trick or treating. They came home and we got busy. Luckily Pete came home while I was doing Brandon's so he was able to help. The kids drew the design, Pete carved and I scooped. (our kids don't like the pumpkin guts and won't stick their hands in the pumpkins!)
They turned out cute and were lit all night long for the trick or treaters to enjoy!

After carving pumpkins the kids got into their costumes and went trick or treating with our friends who came over from Beaverton. Our neighborhood is a fabulous neighborhood to trick or treat in. There are so many houses and it is very family friendly! We get a ton of trick or treaters. In fact when the door bell rang at 9:00, we decided it was time to turn off our lights! The kids got quite a haul! They each have a grocery bag 3/4 full of candy! That is a lot of candy!







Brandon is an ice wolf ninja


Kenyon is a storm trooper


Shaylee is Mariposa a butterfly fairy


Jaron is a pumpkin- a killer pumpkin
He insisted an carrying Kenyon's gun!


We had a wonderful Halloween and my kids are already planning their costumes for next year!

11 comments:

Debbie said...

Great pictures! Sounds like you had a great time. I especially loved Kenyon's storm trooper costume! It looked a little familiar! Matthew was very excited when he found out that Kenyon was going to be a storm trooper too!

Ericka said...

Looks like you had a fun time! I love the costumes!

Emily said...

I love the costumes! Sarah & Shaylee weigh the same!

Stacey said...

I've never tried Joe's Place but I'm all about inexpensive! What a fun rain free night! Your kids look adorable and I'm sure are still eatin' up all that candy!

Rebecca said...

Cute halloween pictures. It was fun to see you Sat even though the bazaar was mmmm....shall we say...for old people. And I had to hurry through to get back home so D could go to priesthood. Anyway, sounds like you had a fun holiday with the fam. Always a good thing.

Sister Kaylie Victoria Crofts said...

Shaylee's costume turned out so cute!!

great grandma phelon said...

You certainly know how to celebrate Halloween in a BIG way. I loved all the photos and the story that goes along. I love kind farmer Joe, giving you the hay ride. The children in their costumes look great. Thanks for sharing.

Lots of Love, Grandma Phelon xoxoxoxoxoxo

jrushing said...

What a rockin' Halloween time! Oh and I love how I am your "best friend"!!!

The Morgans said...

Sooo Cute!

stephanie howard said...

Sounds like you had a great time! I love the babies outfit Landon had a cute little pumpkin outfit when he was 3yrs old, thanks for sparking my memory.

The Batty Bunch said...

Stinking cute costumes on stinking cute kids. Looks like tons of fun.