Family Picture

Family Picture

Thursday, November 27, 2008

We have much to be grateful for on this Thanksgiving Day!

Thanksgiving Day is the one day of the year we take out of our lives to give thanks for all we have been given. So I will take a moment to let everyone know what I am thankful for.

I am thankful for my family- my husband who loves me despite my flaws, my beautiful children who give me such joy.

I love this picture!

I am thankful for my mom and dad and my sisters and brother.

I am thankful for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints.

I am thankful for my country, the United States of America.

I am thankful for Pete's job and all of his hard work to provide for our family.

I am thankful for my beautiful home.

I am thankful for my friends and the great support system that I have.

I have much to be thankful for, my list could go on and on.

I am also very thankful to have a sister who lives close enough to us that we can celebrate Thanksgiving together.

This year it was Gina's turn to host Thanksgiving. We got to Gina's for dinner right at 1:00. We were hoping to get there by 12:30, but it took us a half an hour to get the kids out the door and everything loaded into the van! I guess that's what happens when you have four small kids.

We had a yummy Thanksgiving dinner. I love turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, and green bean casserole.


We had a great time visiting and eating! After dinner the kids played while Gina and I visited.
This is Pete's favorite past time!

The guys took a little nap while they "watched" football. A couple of hours after we had dinner we dug into the pie. Gina made two pumpkin pies and I made a blueberry and brought a chocolate one. Jaron got his own slice of chocolate and devoured it! After it was gone, he licked the plated and then started eating the plate! He is so silly!





I always make a blueberry pie for my Pete because it is his favorite! It is his granny's recipe who was a blueberry farmer. From what everyone says it is excellent, but as most of you know, I hate cooked fruit, so I have never actually tasted it.

It was a very fun and yummy Thanksgiving. Thanks, Gina!

3 comments:

The Morgans said...

I am Thankful for your kindness to me

Stacy Mallonee said...

It looks like you had a great holiday! I love your blog. It's very festive!

Cindy said...

Sure wish we all could have been together, but is sounds like you had a great day. Love tge pictures of Jaron! Love ya!!