Family Picture

Family Picture

Monday, December 22, 2008

Brandon's birthday celebrations


For Brandon's birthday he wanted to go ice skating. So, we looked up the times for open skating at the Mountain View ice arena and found out that on his birthday they had a Christmas ice skating show and then open skating afterward. We decided that would be great fun. So we went to McDonalds and then to the show. Boy, was it cold in there! They started the show 20 minutes late and by 8:00 it wasn't even half over! We know Jaron and Shay wouldn't last, so Pete suggested that we go home and have cake and icecream and then I would put them to bed and Pete would go back and go skating with the boys. So, that's what we did and it turned out great! In fact, one of our tickets one a prize. We got 10 free sessions of iceskating! That's a $75.00 value! That was pretty exciting!




On Saturday after his birthday we went to Chuck E Cheese's. I don't really like that place, but my kids love it and it's all about them! They had great fun and with all the tokens and games played the tickets we got bought one bag of cotton candy and 4 curly straws! I always think their prize selection is just silly. The kids loved it and Brandon was happy, so that's all that matters.

He had a wonderful birthday and we really enjoy doing things as a family. I really like having a year of just family parties. It is such fun to do these fun activities with my kiddos.


As you can see Jaron really enjoyed
this ride! Shaylee enjoyed listening to him scream!




3 comments:

Emily said...

How fun! That's so cool about the ice skating!

Tyler said...

Hope you had a good b-day Brandon sorry I couldn't go to your baptism, hopefully we can go for christmas eve.
-tyler

Ralina said...

Brandon looks like he had a great birthday. I'm with you on the prizes, they are always super lame, and break easily. But, the kids love them anyway.