So to continue my complaining... Shaylee was very whiney yesterday and she kept saying "mommy my tongue hurts!" We have issues with cankers in our family, so looking at it I just saw a little canker on her tongue. They hurt and so I gave her sympathy, but really how much whining can a person take?
Last night she was still awake at midnight, so I asked her to stick out her tongue again and her poor little tongue was covered in canker sores! OW! I took her to the doctor this morning and she has a viral infection in her mouth. She has had a cold and so it is just the ending of her cold. She has been miserable! I know she doesn't feel great, but wow, can she scream! She has screamed ALL DAY!
Luckily, Pete told me he could get off early, so I was able to go to activity days. Thank Heavens because if I didn't get away from Shaylee I might seriously have gone insane! When I got home, Pete was like "I can see why you were about to go crazy! I only had her a couple hours and she was driving me crazy." I know we should be more sympathetic, but really try listening to a three year old scream for hours on end and the sympathy feelings just go away after awhile!
We are hoping for her sake and ours that she is feeling a little better in the morning. I also feel bad that she can't eat much of anything. She's had icecream and otter pops all day. Poor little thing! She tried to eat a granola bar and that sent her into an on the floor screaming, kicking tantrum for about twenty minutes solid. I finally just picked her up and cuddled her. It didn't stop the screaming, but at least I felt like I was doing something.
Hopefully my week goes better, so you all don't have to listen to me complain anymore!
7 comments:
You are having FUN this week!! I am so tired of sick kids!! Maya gets canker sores all of the time, and I use GlyOxide for her. It really helps with the pain, but she might be too young for it. I hope she gets better! Girls are EMOTIONAL!!
Where do you get GlyOxide from? BTW- That picture of Maya on your blog is darling!
Poor Shay! And poor mommy too of course! We haven't had canker sore problems yet. We are still trying to get rid of pink eye. Karl woke up with it this morning!
Oh yuck! Poor Karl and poor Debbie!
It was so fun to visit with you tonight. Lets get together soon. PS sorry to hear about your "no good very bad day(s)" I am here for you friend!
Avery had the same thing when she was younger. It is so hard because they are so miserable and there is not much you can do. I'm so sorry.
That's terrible! When I was a kid, for some reason I remember my mouth being covered with cankers. Don't remember why. I do remember that my mom gave me asper-gum to chew. I guess it helped? I remember sitting on the floor of the front seat (yes, the days when we could roam the car!!!) with my tongue bugging the heck out of me - but I don't remember the pain. I was probably older than Shaylee is.
Post a Comment