

This summer we decided that it would be fun to take the kids to The Great Wolf Lodge in Chehallis Washington. It opened up last February or March. We read about it and I talked to people about it and it just seemed like a lot of fun. We thought November would be a good time to go. It's gets so yucky around here in the fall, we thought it would be a nice break. Pete gets Veterans Day off, so we made reservations to go Monday night to Tuesday. We were very excited to go, but then my grandma passed away on November 5th and her funeral was set for the day we were supposed to go on our trip. We postponed our trip to The Great Wolf Lodge for Martin Luther King day. That day FINALLY arrived and we were off!

We arrived around 2:15 and were able to get right into our room. We immediately changed into our swimsuits and were off to the water park. We stayed there until about 6:00. It was so fun! They have a perfect little pool area with all kinds of water toys and little slides for Jaron and Shaylee's age. Pete and I took turns being with Shay and Jaron and going to the bigger slides with Brandon and Kenyon.



Brandon was able to slide on all the slides. Kenyon could slide on all the slides, but one, The Tornado, which was my favorite and so much fun! It has a big drop and then half way through this big kaleidoscope circle thing, it's just crazy and fun! Brandon had the most terrified look on his face the first time we went on it, but he couldn't get enough of it! He kept wanting to ride it again and again.


They also have a fun wave pool that all the kids loved. Pete and I just took Jaron and Shaylee on our laps in the tubes and they loved the waves. They didn't care if the water splashed them in the face, they were fearless. There is also a HUGE bucket that holds 1,000 gallons of water that pours down over one of the play, slide areas every five minutes or so. And believe me when you're under it you can tell it's a thousand gallons of water! Whoa! It's crazy!
After we got back to the room we had pizza for dinner then we went exploring. They have a game called "The Quest of the Magi" where you have a wand and you go on a quest through the lodge to find different items. It's like a big treasure hunt. Brandon loved it! Kenyon just loved pointing the wand at the different animals in the lodge to make them talk. While Pete and the boys did the quest, Shaylee, Jaron and I went to story time at the clock tower. When we were done with this, we went to the Arcade and played there for about an hour. The kids got to bed at about 10:30. They crashed, they were so tired.
The next morning we were at the water park by 9:30, we stayed until about 10:45 then we went back to our room to pack it up. After we checked out and ate lunch we were back at the water park by 11:30 and stayed until 3:00. I loved the water park. I thought it was such great fun!



After we were all changed, Brandon wanted to finish the quests, so he, Pete and Kenyon did that while Shaylee, Jaron and I went to the Cub Club and read books, played and colored. Jaron did end up going with Pete and the boys for the last hour while Shay and I had girl time. We colored princess pictures together. It was a nice bonding time!
We got home at about 8:00. It was two very full days of going, going, going! We had such fun and enjoyed every moment of it! I give the Great Wolf Lodge an A+! At least for us it was worth every penny!



9 comments:
Okay! We want to go too! Although I'm not sure Annika would love the waterpark. We are still working on loving the "big bathtub"!
I always wanted to go there but never got around to it - I am glad you had so much fun!
That would be right up my kids alley! They LOVE that kind of stuff!! Looks like fun!
Woo hoo! I love family time It feels good to get away.
Sounds like a lot of fun, I am glad you guys did that. I've never heard of something like that place but it sounds awesome for families.
How fun is that?!
You took Brandon on the Tornado? Camdyn was scared half to death. I screamed the whole way down, although it was pitch dark out when I went. We're booking again and getting a discount. Let's just say Spring Break week is twice as much as we're paying going mid week! Glad you had so much fun :>
We are planning to go there too. The kids have been begging!
I love the picture of Jaron-it looks like he is drinking the water! So cute!
Post a Comment