
I do! I just love this little boy's face! From the moment he was born I have adored this little boy's face! He is my character! He is funny, he is sweet, he has TONS of charisma, he is a charmer! All he has to do is grin and people fall in love with him. He has been like that since he was teeny tiny.
This little boy can also frustrate me to no end! He is so slow! He does things in his own time. This morning was not a good morning for Kenyon and mommy. He is supposed to leave for school with his walking group at 9:00. School starts at 9:25. This morning at 9:05, everyone was waiting for him and he still wasn't ready for school. I decided to help speed him along and found a little boy with shoes on and no socks going commando! Yep! 25 degrees outside and he has on no socks or underwear! When questioned he responds... I couldn't find any! I'm thinking... Really! I just did laundry! So, I tell the kids to leave without him since he obviously will not be ready in time for them to get to school on time. We get him redressed with all appropriate undergarments and then I load up Jaron, Shaylee, and myself (all of us are still in PJ's) into the van to drop him off at school. We make it by 9:20! Phew! What a morning!
All of this frustration was bottled up and ready to explode when Kirse comes over for a play date. She tells me about these Mormon Ad commercials from the 1970's that she stumbled across on Monday night. We watched them and I loved them! They are great commercials! They gave me a different perspective and okay it wasn't the best morning ever, but in ten years when Kenyon is 16 and so much more independent, I'm going to miss these times. Yes, even mornings like this one. I need to let Kenyon know I love him always and encourage him for his accomplishments. Yes, he is slow, but he is very giving, loving, funny and just a joy to have around. I have plenty of faults I need to work on myself. I can't expect a six year old to be perfect. I probably need to be more involved with his morning routine and reward him for his accomplishments.
So, Kenyon, I love you! I think you are the most wonderful six year old boy around. You make me laugh, you make me smile, you keep me young. I wish I had just one ounce of your energy and verve for life!
Did I mention... I LOVE this face!
6 comments:
That was a cute post and he does have a cute face and I know I am going to miss this phase too - but it is a lot of work and patience!
Sweet boy! I have one of those slow boys also. It drives me CRAZY!!!
We have some slow kids at our house too.
I love that charming face too! It doesn't seem that long ago when dad kept telling me I was "slower than cold molasses on a winter morning"! I'm sorry to say, I am still super slow even all grown up - as you know!
Hey, I think it's hilarious he was going commando. Yeah, I guess our families are the best things around. I love your kids, just wish I could see them a little more often.
Very sweet and funny post. The Joys of Motherhood at it's finest!
Post a Comment