Family Picture

Family Picture

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Year's Eve

For New Year's Eve, we had a party at our house with my mom and dad. Growing up, New Year's Eve was always a big deal in our home. My parents didn't like us to go out and be on the roads, so we always had a big family party at our house. Having my mom and dad here, we decided we would throw the same kind of party at our house.

We played games, watched movies, ate yummy food and enjoyed each others company. We let the boys stay up until midnight and they thought that was the funnest thing ever. They enjoyed being grown up for one night. Both of them made it until midnight, but their daddy just couldn't hold on. He crashed at about 11:20. He goes to work so early and he stays up late most nights, so sometimes his poor body just says, "I need sleep!" and out he goes!


Playing "Pass the Pigs"

Sleeping daddy with two boys ready for action!

About ten minutes to midnight we turned on the television to watch the ball at Times Square drop. The boys had gotten silly string from Santa in their stockings and so at midnight they sprayed the string everywhere and over every one. They loved it! They had so much fun. I am so glad that we had a family party where we could enjoy each other and each others company.



Woohoo! Silly string fun!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Cute! I'm with Pete, I can never make it to midnight!! I think I fell asleep at 10:30!! I am NOT a night owl anymore!