Family Picture

Family Picture

Friday, January 30, 2009

Jaron will be our athlete!

Jaron loves balls! Any kind of ball..... basketballs, golf balls, bouncy balls, tennis balls, baseballs.....etc. They can be hard or soft, big or small, it doesn't matter to him. It just needs to be round and he loves it. The other day when I was making a cake, he thought that the egg I was putting in was a ball. He really wanted that egg! I told him he was nuts if he thought I was going to let him toss that egg around! :)

He is very persistant when he sees a ball that he wants. Yesterday he saw Kenyon's big basketball in the garage when we came home from getting Shaylee from school. He wanted that ball and he whined and whined and cried until I finally gave in and got it down for him. Yes, I know, he's spoiled! He's my youngest so I reserve the right to spoil him all I want! Anyway, back to my story. He carried that huge ball with him all over the garage, to our neighbor's house across the street while we dropped Maddy off at her house. Back to our house and into the house. Now, I don't usually let this ball come in the house, but as I said, Jaron is spoiled.

While I made lunch he played with the ball and was having tons of fun. When it came time to eat that lunch, I took the ball away and sat him in his chair. He cried and cried, shoved the food away and just said "ball, ball, ball" over and over again! As I said, he's spoiled, so I thought I would just set the ball by him on the floor! No good. Okay maybe the chair next to him. Still no good. Fine! On the table by him. Nope not good enough. No. Jaron had to be hugging the ball with one arm while he ate his lunch with the other. Oh yes. My boy LOVES balls and he is spoiled, but really this was too funny! I laughed and laughed. He cracks me up!



Personally I think he's pretty talented! I don't think I could eat lunch while hugging a basketball!

7 comments:

Ashley said...

What a sweet guy! I'm happy to hear that someone else is having the same problem we are having! I was beginning to think, that Jensen was OCD. His item of choice...cars!! He is the exact same way with cars. I've never had a baby do this...

Dannielle said...

I'm with you just give them whatever they want so they stop screaming...it is because we are older and more tired than with our first and those little boys are just so cute!

stephanie howard said...

To funny!

Debbie said...

Adorable! What a treasure those pictures are!

Kim said...

He is so cute!!!!!

Gina said...

He is a cute guy. Whitney is spoiled too. I think you just get worn out by the time you get to #4 or 5 and it's just not worth the fight. It was fun to get together yesterday.

Ralina said...

This is so cute. Sounds like Clark with Vacuums. If he could pick them up he would. I agree with spoiling kids sometimes, it just makes things easier.