Family Picture

Family Picture

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Hoppity Easter!


For Easter this year, on Saturday we dyed Easter eggs. It was Jaron's first year dying the eggs and he LOVED it! He grinned and grinned as he watched it soak in the dye. Then he would take it out and plop it in again. He had one egg casualty that ended up cracked and on the floor, but other than that he did a great job. The other kids enjoyed dying their eggs, too. It is a favorite tradition for our family.

On Sunday before church the kids had to find where the Easter bunny hid their baskets the night before. Everyone found their pretty quickly except for Brandon. The Easter bunny was pretty tricky with where he hid Brandon's basket. Finally with dad's help he found it on the coat hanging rack underneath his winter coat. I think maybe the Easter bunny was a little too creative with Brandon's!

After that we went to church and enjoyed the Easter service.

After church the kids had a good time enjoying their Easter candy and Pete and I took a nap. Then we headed out to St. Helens and had a wonderful Easter dinner with my sister and her family. Before the dinner the kids went on an Easter egg hunt around the house. We figure it's been about five years of Easter egg hunting in the house since the weather is always so crappy on Easter. After dinner, my niece Shannon gave a wonderful Easter lesson that she had made in Activity days. (we may be doing that in our activity days next year!)


It was a wonderful Easter and I hope that my children are learning the importance of Easter. It's not about the bunny or the baskets, but about the Saviour and His sacrifice, so that we can be resurrected and live again.

8 comments:

Ashley said...

I love Easter!!

Sister Kaylie Victoria Crofts said...

Love the first pic of Jaron with the egg. Too cute!

jjlove said...

Looks like you guys had a great Easter. I love Shaylee's dress. Kids make the holidays so much better.

Unknown said...

Shaylee is so adorable!! She always looks like such a girly girl & I love it! They all match so cute!

Ericka said...

I'm glad that Jaron did so well coloring eggs. Brenna wasn't it to it that much and when she did try, she cracked every egg she touched.

Debbie said...

Your kids look adorable! I love Easter! I will mail Jaron's b-day present tomorrow! Sorry it will be late!

jrushing said...

Wow what a great easter party! So did your kids have dyed fingers too??

Steph said...

Of course! What's Easter without kids in cute Easter clothes and dyed fingers?!