My Shaylee is the most accident prone of my children. She is always falling, scraping her knees, falling off her bike, tripping, slipping... you name it, this girl does it. She has had stitches in her head, fallen off the kitchen counter and hit the cupboard door with her legs straddled-the cupboard door broke and she had one sore private area for a few days, she goes to the nurses office regularly. I get calls a few times every month from the school that all start with ... "Mrs. Phelon, this is so and so from the school, don't worry everyone is okay, we just wanted to let you know that Shaylee was playing and hit her head." They then continue from there to tell me the details of how it happened. Knocking heads with another child, falling off the monkey bars and so on. They have to call anytime a child hits their head. I have NEVER once gotten a call because Kenyon or Brandon hit their head.
I wish I had kept all of Shaylee's nurse notes from last year. I bet there was close to 50. Yes, I said 50! She is on a first name basis with Michelle in the front office. I am sure she will be the first of my kids to brake a bone. It makes me laugh because with three brothers you would think it would be one of them who was always getting injured, but no it's my very girly, very active sweet little girl. Here is a picture of her legs in September. This was after she had crashed on her bike, then her scooter and for the cherry on top biffed it while running. She is such a gentle, calm, demure, and graceful child! NOT!!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment