Family Picture

Family Picture

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Kenyon's Party!

Once our kids turn eight, they only get a birthday party every other year.  So this was the year of parties.  Kenyon wanted a Nerf party and have Nerf gun wars.  Pete and I decided that for the kids take home prize we would give each boy a Nerf gun.  That way we didn't have to worry about them each bringing their own gun and if each boy had a gun and all that stuff.  Plus, we would have spent the same amount of money on a bunch of candy and trinkets, so why not get them something useful for years to come.  The boys had a BLAST!  It was a really hot day, so we put a cooler of water outside and the boys had a great time playing capture the flag, using their guns for target practice, and having cake.  It was a simple party, but perfect for a bunch of nine year old boys.  Kenyon had a great time and I count the party a success.  
  
Three parties down and one to go!  Can you tell that I am not a huge fan of birthday parties?!  I do it for my kids, but it stresses me out!  Luckily kids are really easy and they always have a great time!
 





1 comment:

Debbie said...

looks like he had fun!!