When we got there they had watercolors and paper for the kids to make their own button. They loved doing that. They wear their buttons with pride almost every day. It was really fun for them.
Then we went through the train area. They have all kinds of miniature trains and they have an old engine and a caboose the kids can climb in. They were running around with looks of joy as they tried to follow the model trains along their tracks.
Kenyon, Shaylee and Brandon at the crossing
Shaylee by the antique train engine
Brandon, Jaron, Shaylee and Kenyon on the caboose
They also had an antique car exhibit you could go through. The adults seemed to enjoy this part more than the kids. It was really neat to see all of the cars and how big and long they used to be.After the cars, Grandpa, Uncle Nate, and Uncle Karl took the older kids up to the gun exhibit. My dad said that Kenyon wanted one of everything! Imagine that! Kenyon wanting a gun? No way! I guess he was in heaven!
After we went to the museum, we headed to Mc Donald's for lunch. Not my favorite place, but my kids love it. It was a fun day, but the babies had a few more meltdowns than they did at the zoo. They were tired I guess. The older kids loved it, though.
Me with baby Summer and Jaron
7 comments:
Cayden loves guns too! He pretends everything is a gun and I'm not sure where he got it from. He even pretends the straws from juice boxes are guns and Faith has made him ones out of paper. I guess it's a boy thing!
I'm glad that you are having fun with your family!
I think we went to that museum years ago with Grandma Hill. I'll have to take my kids sometime, I'm sure Evan would love it because he is such a train fanatic.
I'm sure Kenyon was in heaven. He does seem to find our guns when he is over at our house and we don't have many of them any more! My kids are wondering when are the Phelons going to be home???
We're hopefully coming home next Wednesday Aug 13th. Pete is hoping to get all his work done Monday and Tuesday.
I guess Kenyon fits right in with your dad, steph. I t seems you guys always find fun and interesting things to go do no matter where you are.
Post a Comment