Family Picture

Family Picture

Monday, July 28, 2008

Visit to the Grandma's

On Wednesday July 23rd, I decided to take the kids down to visit my Grandma Summers and their Grandma Phelon. They both live in Utah County about ten minutes from each other. My sister, Cindy decided to join us since she hasn't seen my grandma since she moved into an assissted living home.
We visited Grandma Great (this is what my children call her) first. It was really hard for me to go to the assissted living place and see my grandma there. She has always lived in the same house that my grandpa built when my dad was young. I missed going to that home and seeing her there. The place she is at is nice, but it's not the same. We enjoyed our visit and she loved seeing our kids. I wish I lived closer so I could see her more often.




After visiting with Grandma Great, we headed from Orem to Pleasant Grove to visit my mother in law. We went to her house and the kids played with her two dogs until she was ready to go. We decided to get lunch and go have a picnic at the park. We got the most yummy food from Purple Turtle. If you are every passing through PG you have to stop and eat at the Purple Turtle. I love their food! It is delish!

The park got really hot, so we decided to head back to Grandma's house. While we were loading all of the kids into the car a big semi drove by really fast and made a lot of noise! Kenyon hearing the noise goes "What the H!*!*!" I was shocked and just stood their for a moment until I looked across the van at my sister. Big mistake! She was looking shocked and had a huge grin on her face and I couldn't help myself I burst out laughing! I was trying to reprimand him, but it just didn't work while I was roaring with laughter with tears falling down my face! Yes, this was a great parenting moment to happen in front of my sister and mother in law! By the way I have no idea where he picked up that phrase!
After we calmed down we finally got the kids loaded and went back to Grandma's to play with her toys and doggies. The kids love the dogs! Even Jaron got brave enough to pet them as long as they were sitting and didn't move. The dogs are yellow labs named Scout and Lizzy. They are very good with the kids and very gentle.







We had such a wonderful time visiting with the grandma's. We will be seeing them again on Saturday.

5 comments:

Pete said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun visiting my mom. She didn't mention anything about Kenyon swearing.

I would have told her that it was because we had just visited Grandma Great (Summers), since both one of her son's and grandson's first word was a swear word. Not everyone can say they have a grandma who talks like a sailor! :)

I sure miss you and the kids a ton. Our house is not a home without you. Three weeks is too long!

I guess the good thing about being swamped at work and at home with projects is that the time should go by fast, but it isn't going fast enough.

I'll see you in my dreams. XOXO

Gina said...

That's pretty funny what Kenyon said. I probably would have reacted the same way. I felt bad that we didn't get to visit Grandma at her new place. We made arrangements to and then she forgot and went to Carter's house that day.

By the way you and Cindy should both reload your backgrounds. She has changed the background codes so they load up faster when people get on your blog.

Tiffany said...

I bet your Grandma Great loved visiting with you and the kids. When Dave's grandma was in an assisted living center, the thing she looked forward to most is visits from her grandkids and great grandkids.
Also, Alex is missing Kenyon. Hurry back!

cjdustin said...

Grandma Greats always love those kind of visits. It was always very special to visit our Grandma Greats when we went to Idaho. We have wonderful memories of doing that. On the subject of swearing, I'm sure Kenyon was just sayin HILL and not HE@# since you just got back from your Hill reunion. A play on words perhaps????;)

Stacey said...

Sounds like you are staying pretty busy and making lots of fun memories for the boys and your relatives. Hope your nerves are holding up!