Family Picture

Family Picture

Thursday, July 3, 2008

What a Day!

I am exhausted! I had quite the day yesterday. I have two of my very good friends who are moving right now at the exact same time. One of them, Heather is moving to Utah this weekend. My other friend, Amy is moving to a bigger home still in our ward. Since I have a houseful of young children I can't really go over and help pack or clean, but I can watch their kids so they can pack kid free. So, I told both of them that I would watch their kids yesterday morning. With my kids and theirs I had eleven kids here! It was crazy! I made them stay in the back yard until Jaron woke up from his nap. When he woke up we packed up all the kids on bikes, scooters, and the two one year olds in the wagon and headed to the park. I was constantly counting heads one, two, three.... eleven!

After being at the park for an hour we headed home. The kids were tired, so I turned on Nick Jr. and they watched a show until Amy came to get her kids at noon. Heather was supposed to get her kids at noon, too, but she called me at noon and told me she was at the hospital with her husband! What?!?! Yep to make matters even harder for Heather her husband went to the hospital with chest pains! He's okay. After an entire day and night in the hospital, they have decided that he has gurd, really bad heart burn! Anyway back to my day yesterday, so I fed Heathers kids (seven kids for lunch equals CRAZY) and then her other friend Loni came and got them for the afternoon.

My day did not end when all the extra kids went home. I was now going to make dinner for three different families. Heather's family, a new family in our ward who just had a baby and my own family. Meat loaf, home made bread, rice, and salad! It took all afternoon. When I finished it was time for my family to eat their yummy dinner. We had corn on the cob instead of salad and when we were done eating, I had corn and rice all over my floor! What a mess!

Pete bathed the kids and got them ready for bed while I tackled my kitchen. One hour and forty five minutes later, Phew! I was ready for scriptures and prayer.

All I can say is What a Day! It just made me grateful that I don't have eleven kids and I don't have to make that huge of a dinner every day! Tonight I get to eat at the Spaghetti Factory for a farewell dinner for Heather. No cooking for me! YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Add five more kids (including two one year olds) and you have all the kids I watched for three hours yesterday!

Goodbye Wilson's we will miss you!

6 comments:

Stacey said...

Stephanie, you are a wonder woman. I know your friends appreciate all that you do. Not having family near makes friends like you even more of a treasure. I'm sure they appreciate it more than you know and it all ends up coming round to you when you need it too. Hope you gals had a fun night!

cjdustin said...

Good for you for serving so many. I hope you felt very satisfied at the end of you day knowing that you made someone else's day better!

Emily said...

You are so nice! If you were closer I'd let you take my two, too! j/k

Nicole Jackson said...

Wow! What a day is right! You are so awesome to give of yourself to so many people. What a great friend you are!

great grandma phelon said...

stephanie you are a super mom and super friend. everyone should have a friend like you. wouldn't the world be a better place if more people were like you and pete.

lol grandma phelon

The Batty Bunch said...

3 hours, you are going to heaven for sure. I would have survived the first 10 minutes and tied myself up for sure. Patience girl you've got it for sure.