Family Picture

Family Picture

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Back to school party!

This last month, two of Brandon's friends who just happen to be girls decided that it was time to do the no boy birthday party. Brandon found out about them and says to me, "Mom, I didn't get invited to so & so's party. I don't care! It doesn't matter!" I told him that she was only inviting girls. It doesn't mean she's not your friend. Even though he said he didn't care, I knew he really did, so I came up with a plan. How about we have a back to school party, boys only! He thought that was a great idea and so another tradition is born!

I thought about having Kenyon invite his friend's as well, but thought that would be too many kids, so I decided that we would just make a back to school party a tradition for the year you are baptized. I know, I know, I'm brilliant! It's a no birthday party year and it will be the year Kenyon is baptized, too, so it will all work out beautifully!

We decided to have the party on September 19th. Brandon invited Kolton, Jensen, Ethan, Harrison and Noah. They came over right after school got out. We started the party by doing a crossword puzzle (reading), then we played bingo (math), then we played dodge ball outside (PE), for art they decorated their goody bags and then filled them with their prizes (school supplies), and we ended the party with pizza and root beer floats! YUM! They all seemed to have a good time. It was hard for me to think about what 7-8 year old boys would like to do. Hopefully everyone enjoyed themselves!

Because I was alone with all the kids for most of the party, I completely forgot to take pictures! :( So here are the ones of Brandon and Kenyon after the party.





When I was looking through my pictures I stumbled on these pictures of Brandon's birthday party when he turned five! They all look so cute and little I had to post them!


Harrison


Ashlynn and Lauren


Ashlynn and Kenyon


Brandon


Brooklynn and Brandon

And then I was having fun and so I found these from his third birthday party! (These were the only two pictures, I guess I wasn't very good at taking pictures back then)


Harrison and Brandon


Brooklyn and Mason

5 comments:

Ralina said...

What a great idea to do a back to school party. Those are such fun, cute ideas. You are a great mother Stephanie!

stephanie howard said...

Yes you are brilliant, and an awesome mommy too!

Debbie said...

Sounds like a fun idea!

Cindy said...

Love the back to school party idea - sounds very creative.

Oh and by the way...I think your memory was a little foggy about being hit by the car - be it that you were six or had a slight case of amnesia, but I FORGOT I was supposed to meet you. I never saw you after school. I was so excited to go to cheerleading, I totally spaced meeting you. I have to set the record straight because I still feel bad about it! Just so you know I would never intentially (sp) leave my little sister to fend for herself.

Rebecca said...

I love all that all the parties have the same friends. It is so fun to look back and see how everyone has changed and grown! Cute.