Family Picture

Family Picture

Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving and Dancing!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving day. We celebrated Thanksgiving at our house this year. My sister and her family came and we had a wonderful time. I was so busy making sure everything was ready and then cleaning up, I forgot to take pictures. We ate some yummy food, visited and enjoyed hearing the kids have so much fun together.

On Friday morning. Pete headed out to do some Black Friday shopping. We do it a little bit backward. I stay home and Pete fights all the crowds. We both prefer it that way. I got all the kids ready to head out by 9:00 am, to Shaylee's dance performance at the Festival of the Trees. She did such a great job and was so intent on the dance. It was so cute!

Shaylee before the performance

Natalie, Shaylee, Maddie and Hannah



After Shaylee's performance, we headed home and picked up a babysitter, to watch the kids while Pete and I did some Christmas shopping. We went to some of our favorite stores. Costco, Gymboree, Ann Taylor Loft, Old Navy, Target and other fun stores. Can you guess which store is Pete's favorite and which is mine? :) Then we headed to Burgerville for lunch. YUMMY!

On Saturday we spent all day putting up our Christmas decorations. After an insane day, we decided we deserved a break and headed to IKEA for some meatballs. We dropped the kids off at the Playland and did some more shopping. Can you tell we like to shop? Even if it's just window shopping, we enjoy shopping together.

We had a wonderful weekend and really enjoyed spending time together. It was a little sad getting back to reality today.

2 comments:

Zanny said...

Oh, I loved reading all of that! What fun Thanksgiving festivities!

Debbie said...

Hmmm...let's see. I'd have to say that Costco is your favorite and Gymboree is Pete's. Oh wait I think I got that backward!:)