Family Picture

Family Picture

Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Tulip Festival


On April 9th we headed down to Woodburn to see the beautiful tulips. They weren't all out yet, but there was enough out to make it worth the trip. There all kinds of fun activities for the kids to do. They have slides and hay bales to play in and funky swings that look like horses. They also have some other activities that cost extra money.
We met my sister, Gina, her kids and my parents there. We let the kids play for a bit and then we headed out to the tulip fields. It was a very rutted path that was hard to steer the stroller and hard for Pete's mom to navigate her walk around, but we made it and it was worth the rough walk. The tulips are just gorgeous! On our way back, Gina, Shannon, Shaylee, Whitney, Jaron, Maycee and I all walked together. Shaylee and Shannon decided to go through the paid activities while Gina and I went around it. We thought we would just meet up at the end of it, but when we got there we couldn't see them anywhere. There was a moment of panic as we tried to find them, but I wasn't too concerned because Shaylee was with Shannon and Shannon is 12. If it had just been Shaylee, I would have been really panicking! They had gone to the gift shop because Grandpa had said that was where he was going. Luckily when they didn't see Grandpa they headed back to the play area and we found them. Gina and her family headed out after that, but we stayed and rode the cow train. I rode it with Jaron because he was not going to get in the train without me. It was quite the ride! I thought I was going to get bumped right out of my seat!



I think it's funny that none of my kids can open their eyes in the sunshine.Poor NW kids

Ducky races


Funky horse/tire swing











Those are some BIG shoes to fill!


Jaron loved this potato guy- yes it is a potato, not a tomato!





After that we headed to the outlets for a quick shopping trip. I wish we had a little bit more time there, but it was nice to be able to enjoy all the fun stores there. Then we headed to the Stardust Diner for dinner. Yummy!!! It was a busy day, but we had a great time.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Fun times! Glad you found Shannon and Shaylee okay!

Carrie said...

I have always wanted to go to the Tulip Festival. It looks like a lot of fun.