Anyone who knows my husband, knows that he loves baseball! So, my children have no choice, but to play baseball. Sorry kiddos if you're a Phelon you must love baseball and you must love the Indians! Look at me, I had no interest whatsoever in baseball and didn't even know who the Indians were! Fast forward nine years and I am an expert on baseball and the Indians! (and I'll let you in on a little secret, I actually really enjoy baseball and I LOVE the Indians!) Yep! I've been converted! And the Phelon children have no choice but to love baseball and the Indians since they have been immersed in it since the moment they were born. I even agreed to have my baby's middle name be Cleveland! The whole point of this is that our family loves baseball and every spring Pete coaches T-ball/coach pitch for the boys. This spring was no different and we had a wonderful coach pitch season. This was the first year of coach pitch for both the boys and Pete. It took a little bit of adjusting to pitching and being pitched to, but it ended up being a really fun time for everyone. Pete is such a great coach. He is so patient with the kids and loves to have a good time with them. I am so glad that he is willing to put in so much time and effort into coaching so our kids can have that bonding time with him.
The boys are definitely showing an interest in baseball. When he is watching baseball on TV, they always ask him, "which team do we want to win, daddy"? Then they cheer the team on. Yep, I think we've got another generation of Phelon baseball and Cleveland Indian lovers!
6 comments:
The minor League Kinston Indians Team is our home town team. I think of my Uncle Pete every time we go to one of the games. Isn't it funny how we associate people with different things in life? For as long as I can remember Pete has loved the Indians.
That is seriously sooo cute! I love that they're taking to Pete's passion so well.
You are so great about updating your blog. I need to get better about it. Cute kids. Hope the weather holds for all your summer games!
Ahhhhhh summer and of course summer means baseball. Yes, Pete has loved the Cleveland Indians, Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers,and anything else Cleveland almost since the day he was born. He even went to Cleveland for his after High School Graduation trip. We don't have any family ties there, never lived there, only have driven through there...he came from heaven with it in him. Brandon and Kenyon are darling "Indians". Yea.....Baseball.
Love, Grandma Phelon xoxoxoxoxoxo
hmmm...looks like I am going to have to educate the boys about the Braves next time I see them. :o)
Heather
The pics are so cute! It looks like they have a lot of fun. I'm glad that they get to spend time like that with their dad doing what he loves!
Post a Comment