On May 30th, I went with Brandon's class to Lacamas Lake. We hiked on the path that makes a circle around the lake. We then went on a Scavenger hunt, ate lunch and the kids played on the playground. We then hiked back. We ended up going two and a half miles. That's quite a hike for first graders, but they were all troopers! I was a chaperon for six kids which is a lot for one parent, but the kids were all very good! Our group included Brandon, Daniel, Alli, and Elena who are all in Brandon's class. The other two girls were from another class that didn't have enough parent volunteers. Their names are Leena and Jennifer. The kids all got along well and enjoyed being together. It was a lot of fun and I loved being with Brandon and being able to have that bonding time.
Family Picture
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Let's Go On a Hike!
On May 30th, I went with Brandon's class to Lacamas Lake. We hiked on the path that makes a circle around the lake. We then went on a Scavenger hunt, ate lunch and the kids played on the playground. We then hiked back. We ended up going two and a half miles. That's quite a hike for first graders, but they were all troopers! I was a chaperon for six kids which is a lot for one parent, but the kids were all very good! Our group included Brandon, Daniel, Alli, and Elena who are all in Brandon's class. The other two girls were from another class that didn't have enough parent volunteers. Their names are Leena and Jennifer. The kids all got along well and enjoyed being together. It was a lot of fun and I loved being with Brandon and being able to have that bonding time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good job Steph! It looks like you had fun, and the kids enjoyed it. I volunteer at the schools every chance I get, and love every moment of it. I still have kids who were in Landon’s Kindergarten class three years ago who run up and hug me when the see me. Fun times.
I love your blog. There are so many fun things going on.
Lots of Love,
Grandma Phelon
Post a Comment