Family Picture

Family Picture

Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Zoo!



Last Tuesday on June 3rd, I was a chaperon on Kenyon's field trip to the zoo. I woke up at 4:45 in the morning and it was pouring rain. I was not happy to think of going to the zoo in the rain. It poured all morning until we got on the buses and then it slowed to a drizzle. By the time we got off the bus the rain had stopped. Yea! We had such a fun time at the zoo. It didn't rain one drop! It wasn't too hot and it wasn't too cold. It was a perfect day to go to the zoo. We asked each child which animal they wanted to see and we made sure we saw each one. The favorite animals were monkeys, bats and tiger. We were in a group with three of Kenyon's good friends, Alex, Mark O and Mark A. Their favorite animal was the polar bears because they were so playful and then after playing so hard one of the polar bears took a dump right in front of the kids! You should have heard the shrieks of disgust from the kids, it was hilarious.

I really enjoyed going on this field trip. It was low stress because we had three moms to four kids and I enjoyed talking to my friend Tiffany and getting to know Mark A's mom, Oksana. I loved hanging out with Kenyon and seeing him interact with his friends and enjoy the animals. I even like riding the bus because it was so exciting for Kenyon since he never rides the because he walks to school. It ended becoming the perfect day to go and enjoy the zoo.

6 comments:

great grandma phelon said...

Such a fun time. I like Polar Bears too. I am happy the rain stopped. You are a super Mom, Stephanie, to go on all the field trips. Way to go Stephanie!!!

Lots of Love,

Grandma Phelon

jrushing said...

Hey what is up with your "friend's blogs" section! That is a cool thing but under me it says my last post was 1 week ago! Hmmmm...I am going to have to start crankin' out posts!

cjdustin said...

Love the new layout! Aren't field trips fun!

Ericka said...

What a fun field trip! Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun.

The Morgans said...

Just 4 more days! YAY!

stephanie howard said...

Good weather for a day at the zoo, life doesnt get much better then that! Sure glad it worked out for you. Kenyon has the most beautiful hair! Cute boy:-)