Ever since I had Jaron last year I have been working really hard to get rid of all this extra baby weight. I was exercising off and on all summer and fall, but I wasn't very consistent. Then my friend, Amy asked me if I wanted to start working out with her at the gym. This would mean getting up at4:45 and going to the gym from 5:00-6:00, so I could be back in time for Pete to go to work. I decided to give it a try and I have loved every minute of working out with Amy.

Some of my friends from the ward asked me if I wanted to run the 5K in the Starlight Parade on May 31st. I am not a runner so I was hesitant, but they all convinced me it was just for fun and I wouldn't be holding anyone back, so I decided to go for it. We all dressed up as bees and four of us brought our families to see the parade and cheer us on. It was so much fun. It was hard, but I really enjoyed it and it was a great accomplishment for me. The kids loved seeing me all dressed up and were cheering away when I ran by. Shaylee was out in the road screaming MOMMY! I had to stop and give her a kiss. I am so glad that I did it and can't wait to do it again next year. Thanks Tamara and Tiffany for asking me to join and convincing me that I could do it! Thank you Amy for working out with me and being such a great work out buddy and especially thanks to Pete for supporting me and watching the kids for hours by himself while I ran!
12 comments:
Way to go girl!! You guys look great!
Trust me! I tell all my sisters about my great workout partner! It has been so fun getting to know you. I am glad you put up with my many moods LOL! I really am proud of you good job! Maybe next year.....
WOWWWZZERRRS Steph!!!! You are so awesome that is a huge acomplishment you should be very proud. I love the attire as well.
What an accomplishment! You all look cute!
Wow, you girls look HOT! Seriously, that is an awesome accomplishment. I really admire all of you because I haven't run since high school.
Glad you had fun. Running is definitely not my idea of fun, but it is a big accomplishment.
Stephanie, I am so proud of you for accomplishing that! My only question is why didn't you just use your wings and fly the 5K? Good job.
I love Kelly's comment! You are amazing to get up at that time every morning, talk about dedication. Way to go!
Way to go on the 5K. I will have to mark my calendar for next year. I am sorry I missed it because you guys look like you had so much fun! Great work!
Way to go Killer Bees or is it Honey Bees
Way to go Stephanie. Wow those early morning work outs are not easy. You look wonderful.
Lots of Love,
Grandma Phelon
"Not a runner" pish posh! You did awesome on the 5k. Lets get together during the week and run!
Post a Comment