Family Picture

Family Picture

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Day 10- Kirtland and Baseball

Cleveland
July 16-

When we got up today we headed to Kirtland Ohio to see the church historical sites there. Pete and I had been there nine years ago, but they have changed it a lot. The main road that used to run through the sites was closed and moved, so people could easily walk to the sites. They added a nice visitors center and rebuilt the saw mill and the ashery. It was really nice to be able to just walk around and see everything. After we went on the tour we went and saw the Kirtland temple. We didn't go inside just took pictures outside.


Asherey

Saw Mill

The Beautiful Temple

After going to Kirtland we went shopping in Cleveland. We wanted to get as much Indians apparral as we could. We bought each child a shirt, a baseball hat, a baseball bat, and a back pack. (Jaron did not get a back pack) Pete and I also got clothes and a hat. We had such fun going into all the stores and seeing all the Indians stuff. It was such fun for us. We had lunch at Friendly's and of course one of their fabulous ice cream sundaes! YUM!

That night we went to Indians baseball game at Jacob's field! It was dollar dog night and I got TWO hot dogs! Woo hoo! The Indians were playing the Seattle Mariners and we made sure everyone knew that Pete was Washington's biggest Indians fan! The Indians won, of course (we are good luck to our teams- every baseball game we've been to this year our team has won!). It was so fun and we hung around the stadium for awhile afterwards, going into the kids team store and just soaking up the fact that we were there. It was really a fun night and yes, I do love baseball!!! It's not just Pete. He has converted me!

Jacob's Field

This guy goes to all the Cleveland Home games
and plays his drum! He is well known.


All decked out!

Pete took this picture of me from up top.
I didn't know he was taking a picture!




3 comments:

teamZ said...

I think Pete has converted the neighbo boy too! He(Mas..) said something like any team from Cleveland is cool.

Steph said...

He is so right!

The Moarefdoust Family said...

I can't beleive you didn't tell us you were going to be here!! We would have loved to meet you in Kirtland - it's only 2 hours from us. We went up there in Nov. but didn't get to see everything. I'd like to go again soon.