Family Picture

Family Picture

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Day 11- Our last day!

July 16-

On the last day of our trip we did a little more shopping in Cleveland and then we headed back to Chicago. Along the way we saw another lighthouse and of course we saw more of beautiful Lake Michigan.

Once we got to Chicago, we knew exactly where we were going to go for dinner. Giordano's deep dish pizza. You have never tasted a pizza until you've eaten one of these. Watch out baby! YUMMY! After putting in our order, we had 45 minutes to wander until the pizza would be ready. (yes it does take 45 minutes to cook-it is that thick!) We headed back to the Hershey store to get out dessert. More yummy brownies. While we were there we got a bucket of candy from their cool candy machine to take home to our darlings. After picking up the pizza we headed back to our hotel where we feasted on the best pizza of all time. We packed our bags with our many treasures we had found along the way and headed to bed.



The next morning we returned our rental car, got on our plane and headed back to Utah and our little ones. We were so excited to see them. We missed them so much and couldn't wait to get back to them. We had a wonderful reunion and we were reminded for the next few weeks constantly every day that Shaylee missed us when we were gone. She must have told each of us a hundred times- I love you! I missed you while you were gone! It's good to know that she loves us!

We had such a great time, being together and seeing this beautiful part of the country. I couldn't have asked for a better trip. I loved every moment! Thanks Pete for planning it and putting in all the time and effort into making the best use of our time! I LOVED it!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Glad you had a good time!

great grandma phelon said...

I love your blog. Sometimes I don't get on in a timely manner but I do get on.
Love, Mom Phelon