When we got up on Saturday morning. The Johnson's wanted to take us to George Webb for breakfast. This place is like a local IHOP type of place. It was pretty good. I had a skillet that was good, not as good as The Village Inn, but not bad. Pete put ketchup on his and Sharon and her son Dan kept looking at him like he was crazy! It was pretty funny! Then we went back to the Johnson's and Sharon taught me how to make toffee. It was so yummy! I thought it was a piece of cake and I could do it no problem on my own. Let's just say, I've made it twice now and it's not so easy. But, I am getting better at it.
After making toffee we headed out to Lake Michigan to go sailing! On our way we stopped at the Milwaukee Brewers stadium. It was a gorgeous stadium, probably the prettiest one I have seen. Pete loved it of course and we wished that we had thought ahead to get tickets to go see another baseball game, but we didn't, so we were just happy to go inside and see the team shop and they restaurant they have inside the stadium.



It was FINALLY time to go sailing! I was nervous, but excited. I have never been sailing before. We had such a great time! Bernie even took us "extreme" sailing! He had us tipped way over on the side and we were going fast! Sharon was NOT too happy with him, but Pete loved it and once I got used to hanging on it wasn't so bad! I got really good at working the gib. That was mine and Sharon's job. Who knew that sailing was so much work? It was really fun and I would love to do it again!
After we went sailing we went into downtown Milwaukee to go to Bastille Days. It was fun looking at all the booths and we drank a yummy lemon chiller drink. For dinner we went to a restaurant along the Lake and I had a club sandwich. That night we watched "What About Bob" and enjoyed our last night in Wisconsin.







3 comments:
Looks fun! I have never been sailing!
I went sailing with Sis. Francis on a yacht once for memorizing all of my scriptures. I was the only one who did it. I was kind of embarrassed to go by myself - oh well it was fun any way. I don't think I would like extreme sailing.
Looks like a fun trip!
Post a Comment